KJV Dictionary Definition: lost
LOST, pp. from lose.
1. Mislaid or left in a place unknown or forgotten; that cannot be found; as a lost book.
2. Ruined; destroyed; wasted or squandered; employed to no good purpose; as lost money; lost time.
3. Forfeited; as a lost estate.
4. Not able to find the right way, or the place intended. A stranger is lost in London or Paris.
5. Bewildered; perplexed; being in a maze; as, a speaker may be lost in his argument.
6. Alienated; insensible; hardened beyond sensibility or recovery; as a profligate lost to shame; lost to all sense of honor.
7. Not perceptible to the senses; not visible; as an isle lost in fog; a person lost in a crowd.
8. Shipwrecked or foundered; sunk or destroyed; as a ship lost at sea, or on the rocks.