KJV Dictionary Definition: loss
1. privation, as the loss of property; loss of money by gaming; loss of health or reputation. every loss is not a detriment. we cannot regret the loss of bad company or of evil habits.
2. Destruction; ruin; as the loss of a ship at sea; the loss of an army.
3. Defeat; as the loss of a battle.
4. Waste; useless application; as a loss of time or labor.
5. Waste by leakage or escape; as a loss of liquors in transportation.
To bear a loss, to make good; also, to sustain a loss without sinking under it.
To be at a loss, to be puzzled; to be unable to determine; to be in a state of uncertainty.
LOSS'FUL, a. Detrimental. Not used.