KJV Dictionary Definition: cleanse
1. To purify; to make clean; to remove filth, or foul matter of any kind, or by any process whateve, as by washing, rubbing, scouring, scraping, purging, ventilation, &c.; as, to cleanse the hands or face to cleanse a garment; to cleanse the bowels; to cleanse a ship; to cleanse an infected house.
2. To free from a foul or infectious disease; to heal. Lev. 14:4, 8; Mark 1:42.
3. To free from ceremonial pollution, and consecrate to a holy use. Numb. 8:15; Exek. 43:20.
4. To purify from guilt. 1 John 1:7.
5. To remove; as, to cleanse a crime.
CLEANSED, pp. Purified; made clean; purged; healed.
CLEANSING, pp. Purifying; making clean; purging; removing foul or noxious matter from; freeing from guilt.
CLEANSING, n. The act of purifying, or purging. Mark 1:44; Luke 5:14.