KJV Dictionary Definition: bright
BRIGHT, a. brite. Heb. to shine.
1. Shining; lucid; luminous; splendid; as a bright sun or star; a bright metal.
2. Clear; transparent; as liquors.
3. Evident; clear; manifest to the mind,as light is to the eyes.
4. Resplendent with charms; as a bright beauty; the brightest fair.
5. Illuminated with science; sparkling with wit; as the brightest of men.
6. Illustrious; glorious; as the brightest period of a kingdom.
7. In popular language, ingenious; possessing an active mind.
8. Promising good or success; as bright prospects.
9. Sparkling; animated; as bright eyes.
BRIGHTNESS, n. briteness. Splendor; luster; glitter.
1. Acuteness, applied to the faculties; sharpness of wit; as the brightness of a man's parts.