KJV Dictionary Definition: virtuous
1. Morally good; acting in conformity to the moral law; practicing the moral duties, and abstaining from vice; as a virtuous man.
2. Being in conformity to the moral or divine law; as a virtuous action; a virtuous life.
The mere performance of virtuous actions does not denominate an agent virtuous.
3. Chaste; applied to women.
4. Efficacious by inherent qualities; as virtuous herbs; virtuous drugs. Not in use.
5. Having great or powerful properties; as virtuous steel; a virtuous staff; a virtuous ring. Not in use.
6. Having medicinal qualities. Not used.
VIR'TUOUSLY, adv. In a virtuous manner; in conformity with the moral law or with duty; as a life virtuously spent.
A child virtuously educated.
VIR'TUOUSNESS, n. The state or character of being virtuous.