KJV Dictionary Definition: thief
THIEF, n. plu. thieves.
1. One who secretly, unlawfully and feloniously takes the goods or personal property of another. The thief takes the property of another privately; the robber by open force.
2. One who takes the property of another wrongfully, either secretly or by violence. Job.30.
3. One who seduces by false doctrine. John 10.
4. One who makes it his business to cheat and defraud; as a den of thieves. Matt. 21.
5. An excrescence in the snuff of a candle.