KJV Dictionary Definition: strengthen
1. To make strong or stronger; to add strength to, either physical, legal or moral; as, to strengthen a limb; to strengthen an obligation.
2. To confirm; to establish; as, to strengthen authority.
3. To animate; to encourage; to fix in resolution.
Charge Joshua, and encourage him, and strengthen him. Deuteronomy 3.
4. To cause to increase in power or security.
Let noble warwick, Cobham and the rest, with powerful policy strengthen themselves.
STRENGTHEN, v.i. To grow strong or stronger.
The disease that shall destroy at length, grows with his growth, and strengthens with his strength.
Grows with his growth, and strengthens with his strength.
STRENGTHENED, pp. Made strong or stronger; confirmed.
1. That which increases strength, physical or moral.
2. In medicine, something which, taken into the system, increases the action and energy of the vital powers.
STRENGTHENING, ppr. Increasing strength, physical or moral; confirming; animating.