KJV Dictionary Definition: stedfast
STEADFAST, STEDFAST, a. stead and fast.
1. Fast fixed; firm; firmly fixed or established; as the stedfast globe of earth.
2. Constant; firm; resolute; not fickle or wavering.
Abide stedfast to thy neighbor in the time of his trouble.
Him resist, sted fast in the faith. 1 Peter 5.
3. Steady; as stedfast sight.
STEADFASTNESS, STEDFASTNESS, n.
1. Firmness of standing; fixedness in place.
2. Firmness of mind or purpose; fixedness in principle; constancy; resolution; as the stedfastness of faith. He adhered to his opinions with steadfastness.