KJV Dictionary Definition: skirt
1. The lower and loose part of a coat or other garment; the part below the waist; as the skirt of a coat or mantle. 1 Sam.15.
2. The edge of any part of dress.
3. Border; edge; margin; extreme part; as the skirt of a forest; the skirt of a town.
4. A woman's garment like a petticoat.
5. The diaphragm or midriff in animals.
To spread the skirt over, in Scripture, to take under one's care and protection Ruth.3.
SKIRT, v.t. To border; to form the border or edge; or to run along the edge; as a plain skirted by rows of trees; a circuit skirted round with wood.
SKIRT, v.i. To be on the border; to live near the extremity.
Savages--who skirt along our western frontiers.
SKIRT'ED, pp. Bordered.
SKIRT'ING, ppr. Bordering; forming a border.