KJV Dictionary Definition: single
1. Separate; one; only; individual; consisting of one only; as a single star; a single city; a single act.
2. Particular; individual. No single man is born with a right of controlling the opinions of all the rest.
3. Uncompounded. Simple ideas are opposed to complex, and single to compound.
4. Alone; having no companion or assistant. Who single hast maintain'd against revolted multitudes the cause of truth.
5. Unmarried; as a single man; a single woman.
6. Not double; not complicated; as a single thread; a single strand of a rope.
7. Performed with one person or antagonist on a side, or with one person only opposed to another; as a single fight; a single combat.
8. Pure; simple; incorrupt; unbiased; having clear vision of divine truth. Matt. 6.
9. Small; weak; silly
10. In botany, a single flower is when there is only one on a stem, and in common usage, one not double.
SIN'GLED, pp. Selected from among a number.
1. The state of being one only or separate from all others; the opposite of doubleness, complication or multiplicity.
2. Simplicity; sincerity; purity of mind or purpose; freedom from duplicity; as singleness of belief; singleness of heart.