KJV Dictionary Definition: salvation
SALVA'TION, n. L. salvo, to save.
1. The act of saving; preservation from destruction, danger or great calamity.
2. Appropriately in theology, the redemption of man from the bondage of sin and liability to eternal death, and the conferring on him everlasting happiness. This is the great salvation.
Godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation. 2Cor. 7.
3. Deliverance from enemies; victory. Ex. 14.
4. Remission of sins, or saving graces. Luke 19.
5. The author of man's salvation. Ps. 27.
6. A term of praise or benediction. Rev. 19.