KJV Dictionary Definition: reed
1. The common name of many aquatic plants; most of them large grasses, with hollow jointed stems, such as the common reed of the genus Arundo, the bamboo, &c. The bur-reed is of the genus Sparganium; the Indian Flowering reed of the genus Canna.
2. A musical pipe; reeds being anciently used for instruments of music.
3. A little tube through which a hautboy, bassoon or clarinet is blown.
4. An arrow, as made of a reed headed.
1. Covered with reeds.
2. Formed with channels and ridges like reeds.