KJV Dictionary Definition: heartiness
HE`ARTINESS, n. Sincerity; zeal; ardor; earnestness.
1. Eagerness of appetite.
HE`ARTY, a. Having the heart engaged in any thing; sincere; warm; zealous; as, to be hearty in support of government.
1. Proceeding from the heart; sincere; warm; as a hearty welcome.
2. Being full of health; sound; strong; healthy; as a hearty man.
3. Strong; durable; as hearty timber. Not used in America.
4. Having a keen appetite; eating much; as a hearty eater.
5. Strong; nourishing; as hearty food.