KJV Dictionary Definition: gracious
GRA'CIOUS, a. L. gratiosus.
1. Favorable; kind; friendly; as,the envoy met with a gracious reception.
2. Favorable; kind; benevolent; merciful; disposed to forgive offenses and impart unmerited blessings.
Thou are a God ready to pardon, gracious and
3. Favorable; expressing kindness and favor.
All bore him witness, and wondered at the gracious words which proceeded from his mouth. Luke 4.
4. Proceeding from divine grace; as a person in a gracious state.
5. Acceptable; favored.
He made us gracious before the kings of Persia. Little used. 1 Esdras.
6. Renewed or implanted by grace; as gracious affections.
7. Virtuous; good.
8. Excellent; graceful; becoming.
GRA'CIOUSLY, adv. Kindly; favorably; in a friendly manner; with kind condescension.
His testimony he graciously confirmed.
1. In a pleasing manner.
GRA'CIOUSNESS, n. Kind condescension.
1. Possession of graces or good qualities.
2. Pleasing manner.