KJV Dictionary Definition: gloried
GLO'RIED, a. See Glory. Illustrious; honorable. Not used.
GLO'RY, n. L. gloria; planus; hence, bright, shining. Glory, then, is brightness, splendor. The L. floreo, to blossom, to flower, to flourish, is probably of the same family.
1. Brightness; luster; splendor.
The moon, serene in glory, mounts the sky.
For he received from God the Father honor and glory,when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory. 2 Pet.1.
In this passage of Peter, the latter word glory refers to the visible splendor or bright cloud that overshadowed Christ at his transfiguration. The former word glory, though the same in the original, is to be understood in a figurative sense.
2. Splendor; magnificence.
Solomon, in all his glory, was not arrayed like one
of these. Matt.vi.
3. The circle of rays surrounding the head of a figure in painting.
4. Praise ascribed in adoration; honor.
Glory to God in the highest. Luke 2.
5. Honor; praise; fame; renown; celebrity. The hero pants for glory in the field. It was the glory of Howard to relieve the wretched.
6. The felicity of heaven prepared for the children of God; celestial bliss.
Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel,and afterwards receive me to glory. Ps.73.
7. In scripture, the divine presence; or the ark, the manifestation of it.
The glory is departed from Israel. 1 Sam.4.
8. The divine perfections or excellence.
The heavens declare the glory of God. Ps.19.
9. Honorable representation of God. 1 Cor. 11.8.
10. Distinguished honor or ornament; that which honors or makes renowned; that of which one may boast.
Babylon, the glory of kingdoms. Is.13.
11. Pride; boastfulness; arrogance; as vain glory.
12. Generous pride.
GLO'RY, v.i. L. glorior, from gloria.
To exult with joy; to rejoice.
Glory ye in his holy name. Ps.105. 1 Chron. 16.
1. To boast; to be proud of.
No one should glory in his prosperity.
GLO'RYING, ppr. Exulting with joy; boasting.
GLO'RYING, n. The act of exulting; exultation; boasting; display of pride.
Your glorying is not good. 1 Cor.5.