KJV Dictionary Definition: girdle
1. A band or belt; something drawn round the waist of a person, and tied or buckled; as a girdle of fine lines; a leathern girdle.
2. Inclosure; circumference.
3. The zodiac.
4. A round iron plate for baking.
5. Among jewelers,the line which encompasses the stone, parallel to the horizon.
GIRD'LE, v.t. To bind with a belt or sash; to gird.
1. To inclose; to enrivon; to shut in.
2. In America, to make a circular incision, like a belt, through the bark and alburnum of a tree to kill it.