KJV Dictionary Definition: covert
1. Covered; hid; private; secret; concealed.
Whether of open war, or covert guile.
2. Disguised; insidious.
3. Sheltered; not open or exposed; as a covert alley, or place.
4. Under cover, authority or protection; as a feme-covert, a married woman who is considered as being under the influence and protection of her husband.
1. A covering, or covering place; a place which covers and shelters; a shelter; a defense.
A tabernacle--for a covert from storm and rain. Isaiah 4.
I will trust in the covert of thy wings. Psalm 111.
2. A thicket; a shady place, or a hiding place. 1 Samuel 25. Job 38.
COVERTNESS, n. Secrecy; privacy.