KJV Dictionary Definition: charitable
1. Benevolent and kind; as a charitable disposition.
2. Liberal in benefactions to the poor, and in relieving them in distress; as a charitable man.
3. Pertaining to charity; springing from charity, or intended for charity; benevolent; as a charitable institution, or society; a charitable purpose.
4. Formed on charitable principles; favorable; dictated by kindness; as a charitable construction of words or actions.
1. The disposition to be charitable; or the exercise of charity.
2. Liberality to the poor.
CHARITABLY, adv. Kindly; liberally; benevolently; with a disposition to help the poor; favorably.