KJV Dictionary Definition: calm
1. Still; quiet; being at rest; as the air. Hence not stormy or tempestuous; as a calm day.
2. Undisturbed; not agitated; as a calm sea.
3. Undisturbed by passion; not agitated or excited; quiet; tranquil; as the mind, temper, or attention.
CALM, n. Stillness; tranquillity; quiet; freedom from motion, agitation, or disturbance; applied to the elements, or the mind and passions.
CALM, v.t. To still; to quiet; as the wind, or elements; to still, appease, allay or pacify, as the mind, or passions.
CALMING, ppr. Stilling; appeasing.
1. Quietness; stillness; tranquillity; applied to the elements.
2. Quietness; mildness; unruffled state; applied to the mind, passions or temper.