KJV Dictionary Definition: babble
1. To utter words imperfectly or indistinctly, as children.
2. To talk idly or irrationally; to talk thoughtlessly.
3. To talk much; to prate; hence to tell secrets.
4. To utter sounds frequently, incessantly, or indistinctly; as a babbling echo; a babbling stream.
BAB'BLE, v.t. To prate; to utter.
BAB'BLE, n. Idle talk; senseless prattle.
BAB'BLING, ppr. Talking idly; telling secrets.
2. Uttering a succession of murmuring sounds; as a babbling stream.
3. In hunting, babbling is when the hounds are too busy after they have found a good scent.
BAB'BLING, n. Foolish talk. 1 Tim.vi.