KJV Dictionary Definition: alive
1. Having life, in opposition to dead; living; being in a state in which the organs perform their functions, and the fluids move, whether in animals or vegetables; as, the man or plant is alive.
2. In a state of action; unextinguished; undestroyed; unexpired; in force or operation; as, keep the process alive.
3. Cheerful; sprightly; lively; full of alacrity; as, the company were all alive.
4. Susceptible; easily impressed; having lively feelings, as when the mind is solicitous about some event; as, one is alive to whatever is interesting to a friend.
5. Exhibiting motion or moving bodies in great numbers.
The city was all alive, when the General entered.
6. In a scriptural sense, regenerated; born again.
For this my son was dead and is alive. Luke 15.
This adjective always follows the noun which it qualifies.