For a complete Scripture study system, try SwordSearcher Bible Software, which includes the unabridged version of this dictionary. Once you experience the swiftness and ease-of-use SwordSearcher gives you right on your own computer, combined with the most powerful search features available, you will never want to use the web to do online study again. Includes tens of thousands of topical, encyclopedic, and commentary entries all linked to verses, fully searchable by topic or verse reference.
Also try Daily Bible and Prayer to design your own Bible reading programs and track your prayer list.
LOWLINESS, n. from lowly.
1. Freedom from pride; humility; humbleness of mind.
Walk - with all lowliness and meekness. Eph. 4. Phil. 2.
2. Meanness; want of dignity; abject state. In this sense little used.
LOWLY, a. low and like.
1. Having a low esteem of one's own worth; humble; meek; free from pride.
Take my yoke upon you and learn of me, for I am meek and lovly in heart. Matt. 11.
He scorneth the scorners; but he giveth grace to the lowly. Prov. 3.
2. Mean; low; wanting dignity or rank.
One common right the great and lowly claim.
3. Not lofty or sublime; humble.
these rural poems, and their lowly strain.
4. Not high; not elevated in place.
1. Humbly; meekly; modestly.
2. Meanly; in a low condition; without grandeur or dignity.
I will show myself highly fed and lowly taught.
"Seek ye out of the book of the Lord, and read" —Isaiah 34:16, KJV
Website ©2017 AV1611.COM's webmaster. Various texts copyrighted by their authors.