Contact the Editor
I am delighted to receive email from the readers of the King James Bible Page. My email address is listed below, but before writing me, please read this.
If you have a question, first try searching this site or searching the forum archives. You may find your answer much more quickly than it would take me to respond to your email.
If you're wondering why you can't register on the forum, it is because the forum is closed indefinitely due to insufficient time and will on my part to moderate a discussion board for a topic which generates so much contention. The forum is available in read-only mode for research and study.
While I am happy to receive email from everyone who wants to write me, those who disagree with my position or something in an article should take note of the following:
- While I agree with the majority of the opinions expressed by the authors in the writings included here, I did not write everything here, and I do not agree with 100% of every iota of opinion expressed in the articles on this site. Naturally, I wouldn't post an article I did not at least mostly agree with. So when writing to me about something you read here, be specific about the article (perhaps include the URL) so that I can refer to it when I read your message.
- The inclusion of an article on this site is not an endorsement of an author's other writings or work.
- Yes, I believe it is important to love Christ. I do. If you love Christ, you should be particularly interested in what he said, and it should bother you if someone else is corrupting his words. I maintain this website because I want believers to know that they can actually be certain what Christ said!
- "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth." (3 John 1:4); "... thy word is truth." (John 17:17)
- "And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment;" (Philippians 1:9)
- "Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him." (John 14:23)
It may seem strange that I have listed this here, but amazingly, many people equate my defense of God's word with a lack of love for the God who wrote it.
- I am fully aware that there are Christians who disagree with my position. Such should be obvious by the nature of this website. Messages like "[Christian scholar/teacher name here] is a great man and says that the KJV [criticism here]" do not impress me. I care about God's words, and when a pastor/teacher/scholar attacks them, he is wrong no matter how big a stadium needs to be to hold his meetings. Hinging on the opinions of men is a poor substitute for study. Keep in mind that of the fruits of the Holy Spirit mentioned in the Bible, not a single one of them mentions having a large following or being considered a "great teacher" (Gal 5:22).
- "For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables." (2 Timothy 4:3-4)
- Yes, I have read James White's book, and many others attacking the KJV. Please do not email me suggesting that I read so-and-so's latest book proving that God didn't preserve his words. I have already read those. Have you read the other side? I suggest you take a look at my recommendations in the book section.
- I am willing to try to answer honest questions when I can, but I am not interested in prolonged debate by email.
- If you have questions about the specific edition of the Bible I publish on this web site, please see this statement. Feel free to email me if you have questions not answered in that statement.
I do accept article submissions, but please do not feel offended if I do not post your article. There is already a lot of information here and I try to keep it manageable.
I generally don't add links by suggestion or request. There are too many individual church home pages or other miscellaneous pages to include all of them. I do not participate in link exchanges, so please do not ask. But by all means, if you know of a website I might enjoy, send me a link; but please do not feel offended if I do not link to it or respond specifically to it.
Now that you've read all of that and are still here, you can email me: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please understand, I receive a high volume of email and can not respond personally to each one.
Thank you for reading this first,
-Brandon Staggs, webmaster, editor, etc.
PS: If you want to know more about me, please see my Bible Study Blog or my Personal Blog.