General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-17-2008, 03:26 PM
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaplainles View Post
This is a difficult one to call and I support Bro.Brandons desire for folks to come and ask questions. Despite the 'antics' of some there are genuine people out there who are using modern per-versions who have sincere questions, where do they go to get answers?
Thank you, brother, for your comments.

This is part of what I said in my very first post on the forum:

Quote:
I intend to moderate as lightly as possible. The basic rule is to not be obnoxious or abusive. People won't be banned and posts won't be deleted just because someone (including me) disagrees. My hope is that this forum will serve as a place where people can get good answers to their questions and engage in discussions that will help build faith in God and his word.
The last sentence really sums up the reason for av1611.com in general.

What I would like to see is people asking questions they need answers to, and I am going to continue to strive to make this a place where that can happen.

I don't mind debates at all. There are two things that are bothering me right now as things stand:

1. (This is relatively minor.) Too many threads get hijacked and turned into battles over personalities.

2. And this is the bigger issue: There are some people here who are not interested in getting questions answered, but think they are here to teach us dumb KJV-only nitwits (I'm pretty sure that word's even been used) a lesson or two. They seem to think none of us have done any research and they are going to put us in our place.

#2 is the real problem, and will completely overshadow the main goal here, which in the end must be edification.

I am a firm believer in "useful idiots" as a teaching tool -- which is one reason why I desire to moderate very lightly. But there has to be a balance. I suppose working out that balance is what I'm trying to do now -- and is why I am soliciting feedback.