View Single Post
Old 08-26-2008, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diligent View Post
This is absurd. Chette's concern has been to correct what he sees as your incorrect handling of Scripture, certainly in part for the benefit of other people who are reading. Why would you expect your posts to be off limits to him for reply? If he sees you telling someone else something that he regards incorrect, he has every reason to reply if he chooses. You are cerainly free to ignore his posts, just as you are telling him to ignore yours.

As for Gophgetter: he was not banned just because he shares your "you can lose it" view of salvation. How would you explain your own continued presence here if that were the only criteria?

My original "charter" for the forum was modified a long time ago (see http://av1611.com/forums/faq.php), and one thing I am not tolerating is people who sign up only so they can promote a false heresy. Nobody can obligate me to spend my money and time maintaining a forum for such things.
Fair enough. But what you must realize about me, and this is just to clarify, is that I don't believe that born again Christians can loose their salvation. I do believe there are those who we before of old ordained to a certain condemnation (Jude 1:4), but a person who lives their life in any degree of faith in the risen Son of God, Jesus Christ, is in Christ, and cannot loose their salvation. I hope that is clear now.

To Chette: I had some time last night to think upon a comment I made towards Renee.

To Renee: please forgive my unfair and unkind words I spoke in frustration to you. My last intention was to insult you, or hurt you in any way.

Now concerning this supposed error. I don't agree that dispensationalism is 100% sound biblical doctrine. I DID NOT arbitrarily come to this conclusion. I have heard what you all have had to say to me in regards to my view on things. I appreciate that you are concerned about what you guys see as my being in error. However, you all fail to realize that Christians have a long history of not seeing eye to eye on things found in the Scriptures. Yet, for the most part, we Christians have been able to work together for the common good in Christ Jesus, despite these differences. This is what I would like to see here. I don't want Chette to just stop believing what he does, but rather, to stop hitting me upside the head with it every time I share my thoughts on something. I think this is fair, but then again, I've been wrong before. Chette, you said "every time I made a remark you attacked me saying I was prideful and arrogant and presumptuious". The only reason I ever responded to you the way I did is because your posts have always had a spirit of "I'm right, this young guy is wrong, let me show him how it is..." and I, and many people, don't respond well to that. I may have used words that were unfair in some of my responses, if that is the case, I do apologize. But please understand things from my vantage point. I see someone that has always had an agenda with me, and since my convictions are just as strong as yours, I've had to mount rather strong defenses to ensure that people understand that I mean business when it comes to those that want to convert me away from what I believe IS sound biblical doctrine. You said that iron sharpens iron, and to this I agree. I have no qualms with two individuals growing together in the knowledge and wisdom found in Christ Jesus. But I have never percieved that with yourself. It has always appeared to me that you viewed our conversations as a one way streat, and were never open to what I felt to be true. If this can change, then I will be more open to what you have to say. If not, then I will have to hear things from someone different in their presentation.

for Jesus' sake,
Stephen