Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 10-03-2008, 06:07 AM
Scott Simons

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjd.usa View Post
Are Christians allowed to use OT for for the Christian doctrines?

For example, many people bring up David as a role model for Christians. These people say, "Look at David, we need to be as close to David as possible, and we need to follow all of the laws that David followed." Since David was so close to God, we need to follow everything that he followed.

While other Christians say that we do not need to follow David, because the things that David said and did were of the Old Testament. These people say, " The teaching of David do not apply to the Christians." These people bring up that David had more than one wife, and that current Christians need to have only one wife.

Which group of people do I need to listen to?
You know, Jesus is the same, God does not change.

When one disregards parts of the Bible they are diminshing from it, the same as those who add and subtract from it.

Man lives by every word of God.
Old 10-03-2008, 12:02 PM

The Bible says in 2 Timothy 3:16, "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:".
Old 10-05-2008, 02:01 PM

Scott,

Your reply to brother Chette displays a certain amount of animosity and "chutzpah" that bothers me (I have seen it displayed by you quite often of late).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simons "All the old testament agrees with Paul's teaching. Dude what are you thinking."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simons View Post
"You know, Jesus is the same, God does not change.

When one disregards parts of the Bible they are diminshing from it, the same as those who add and subtract from it.

Man lives by every word of God.
"
Just because you either cannot or will not "rightly divide the word of God", doesn't give you the right to malign a brother in Christ who is trying to inform you of a TRUTH!

The whole of the Bible is FOR us - BUT the whole of the Bible is not directed AT us. We are NOT under the Mosaic law (no matter what you think). We are not required to keep the Law (The Lord Jesus Christ KEPT IT FOR US!)

I have remained silent for some time about your hijinks (thinking at the beginning that you were sincere ). Since Steve's near departure (mostly because of your remarks directed at him), I no longer will hold my tongue.

For a man with Sooo many, many questions - you sure seem to already have ALL the answers!

Why is that? Are you trying to "bait" us into an argument or a debate? If you haven't noticed - I stopped trying to deal with you for several weeks now (NO PROFIT! ). You are not a sincere person, and as such I decided not to have anything to do with you.

You use the Scriptures just exactly like a Cultist, and you should consider (since you reportedly came out of a Cult - Mormonism), that perhaps you may still have some "baggage" that you "picked up" while you were in Mormonism.

Brother Chette is NOT a "DUDE"! He is a faithful Christian missionary living in one of the most dangerous parts of the Philippines (Palawan - bordering on the area where the murderous Muslims live). Brother Chette (not DUDE!) puts his life on the line every day of the week (52 weeks a year).

Brother Chette (not DUDE!) has started three Christian churches in the Philippines. In one day he probably has to deal with more serious problems (poverty, sickness, deprivation, and the burden of pastoring a church) than you have to deal with in a year. For you to flippantly malign him does not reflect well on your "Christian" character or witness!

Brother Chette (not DUDE!) is putting his life (and his family's) on the line for the Lord Jesus Christ - what are you doing? Hmmm? Brother Chette (not DUDE!) is trying to SERVE the Lord Jesus Christ as best he can and you do him a disservice with your attitude (but then again - he's NOT the first one on this Forum that you have treated that way). [Romans 14:4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.]

As a "Christian" you have a lot to learn, but sad to say you haven't learned much from us. You have a serious problem (which we on this Forum cannot "fix") in that your Posts question the meaning of Scripture and cast doubt on its veracity. You should seriously consider "WHO" it is (in the Scriptures) that is an "ACE" at doing the same!

Like I've said before - Once I find that a person is an insincere Sophist, I no longer will deal with him (or her). I refuse to "engage" with kooks, Sophists, heretics, and malicious people. You can take your pick as to where you fit in that list!

I refuse to waste my time trying to convince someone, who already "thinks" that he has ALL of the answers! [Proverbs 16:22 Understanding is a wellspring of life unto him that hath it: but the instruction of fools is folly.]

Aloha-Adios-Adieu-Sayanora-Chow or whatever.
Old 10-05-2008, 02:45 PM

George,

You post is good advice for all of us. Sadly I fell into the " war debate " with WWJD and it was a total waste of time other than Luck reminding of the Bible passages I was looking for but had forgotten where they were. Some folks on here very near cult beliefs. Like sinless perfection and other such unsound doctrines. It is best to let most of these post pass by with out reply, however once you reply I feel as if you must carry it to the end and finish what you have started. It is best not to start in the first place. If nobody replies to crazy post maybe the post will die a fast death. I myself have avoided this topic for this reason wanting this worthless post to die. We can not help what others post, but we can help how and what we reply if we reply. Maybe we just need to stop the replies and that may be the best thing to do.

Atlas
Old 10-05-2008, 06:33 PM
wwjd.usa

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlas View Post
George,

You post is good advice for all of us. Sadly I fell into the " war debate " with WWJD and it was a total waste of time other than Luck reminding of the Bible passages I was looking for but had forgotten where they were. Some folks on here very near cult beliefs. Like sinless perfection and other such unsound doctrines. It is best to let most of these post pass by with out reply, however once you reply I feel as if you must carry it to the end and finish what you have started. It is best not to start in the first place. If nobody replies to crazy post maybe the post will die a fast death. I myself have avoided this topic for this reason wanting this worthless post to die. We can not help what others post, but we can help how and what we reply if we reply. Maybe we just need to stop the replies and that may be the best thing to do.

Atlas
I asking you for a favor.

Please pray for both yourself and myself. When you pray, ask God to uncover his will to both you and me.

Also, when you pray, ask God to either change my point of view, or your point of view. As God to change our point of view to what his will is.

Thanks
Old 10-05-2008, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post

I refuse to waste my time trying to convince someone, who already "thinks" that he has ALL of the answers! [Proverbs 16:22 Understanding is a wellspring of life unto him that hath it: but the instruction of fools is folly.]
Wise counsel for us all, thank you George. The ratio between ears and mouth is still 2:1, so listening should take that same ratio to speaking, that also helps in wisdom growth.
Old 10-03-2008, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Listen to the Lord Jesus Christ, by the Spirit, through the written Word.

"Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever" (Hebrews 13:8).

You can fully trust Him!
Old 10-05-2008, 09:32 AM

Default Do What Jesus Did!

Quote:
Are Christians allowed to use OT for for the Christian doctrines?

<snipped for brevity>

To the Thread Question/Title. Yes,Yes,Yes, {Yea Verily!}

The letters of your screen name ask a question. What would Jesus do? He would NOT take a meat clever to the Word of God and hack and cut. What Jesus WOULD do is/was quote and refer constantly to the Written Word as we now have it from Genesis to Malachi!

Please turn to Matthew 5:17,18 and read those verses. Also look up a verse that has the words "millstone" and "sea" in it...think on that passage before adopting the "meat clever" hack and cut theology.

The Lord God Himself gave us those 10 Commandments from Mt. Sinai,,,written into the stone tablets with HIS finger! Not David or anyone else. The Creator of the Universe took time to communicate to us humans and NO one has the right to tell you (or anyone) to disregard HIS words!

Check out this link for some answers to your questions (with scripture proofs).

http://www.vor.org/truth/1689/1689bc00.html Read chapter 1 and chapter 19. {The Holy Scriptures and The Law of God.}
Old 10-05-2008, 01:13 PM

Don't bother with the above link. You'll just be wasting your time. Baptist Confession of Faith is not baptist at all. It's simply reformated doctrine and amillennialism.

(It is my observation that calvinists MUST post something about calvinism in every post).

EDIT: To PB, wwjd.usa is not a dispensationalist like the rest of us that supposedly hacks the word up and "wrongly divides". He is just a heretic that believes you can lose your salvation, and become sinlessly perfect.
Old 10-05-2008, 06:25 PM
wwjd.usa

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB1789 View Post
<snipped for brevity>

To the Thread Question/Title. Yes,Yes,Yes, {Yea Verily!}

The letters of your screen name ask a question. What would Jesus do? He would NOT take a meat clever to the Word of God and hack and cut. What Jesus WOULD do is/was quote and refer constantly to the Written Word as we now have it from Genesis to Malachi!
true, even thought Jesus has quoted many scripture from the OT, he has reversed many scripture. Like (Deuteronomy 6:13) says it's ok to swear and (Matthew 5:34) forbids swearing. So what I'm saying, is that Jesus has kept some scripture in the NT and taught the opposite of another scripture.

For this reason, i believe that since we have the comlete NT, we need to follow only the NT. As I said, the reason is because NT cancels many things of the OT.

Quote:
Please turn to Matthew 5:17,18 and read those verses. Also look up a verse that has the words "millstone" and "sea" in it...think on that passage before adopting the "meat clever" hack and cut theology.
Well, how do you explain (Matthew 5:31-36)?
Jesus fulfilled the OT, and therefore, we do not have to follow the OT doctrines. That's the way I understand it.

Quote:
The Lord God Himself gave us those 10 Commandments from Mt. Sinai,,,written into the stone tablets with HIS finger! Not David or anyone else. The Creator of the Universe took time to communicate to us humans and NO one has the right to tell you (or anyone) to disregard HIS words!
True, and yet the NT says cancels one of the Ten Commandments - the sabath day. (Colossians 2:16-17)

Please explain what you are trying to say through this URL

http://www.vor.org/truth/1689/1689bc00.html