General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 05-06-2009, 08:11 AM

I got my own name embossed on the front of one of my Bibles, the feature was offered at no extra cost. Does that make me a humanist and my own final authority?

Whenever I give a Bible to someone, I always write in those little To: and From: fields that it was from God to the person, and hopefully the date of their salvation.

As for famous preachers signing Bibles, I think its very distastefull. If I did spend the day with Sam Gipp, Kent Hovind or the like, I'd ask them to sign my copy of their book, or better just have a picture taken.
Living up in Quebec, we rarely get to see any famous preachers come through here. Apparently the Doc came to my church once before I got there.

I suppose if I was ever at some publicity event for a new MV (as if!), I'd ask one of them to sign it, and if they asked why, I'd say because they're your words, not Gods!
Old 05-06-2009, 09:15 AM
Forum Administrator

I should add:

My name is embossed on the front of my Allan PM1. That's not having my Bible autographed.

When my son was very young, I bought him a Bible and wrote a message on the front page of it and signed it. That's not an "autographed Bible" either.

Like many things, "I know it when I see it." Giving my Bible to somebody and asking them to scribble on it for me just isn't gonna happen.