Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 07-11-2009, 10:34 AM
Forum Administrator

Gee, how nice, another thread turned into a debate over Ruckman.

Well, at least this proves this isn't a "Ruckmanite" forum. There's at least a silver lining...
Old 07-11-2009, 01:35 PM

Default Decendents?

I am not sure where decendents really comes in at all. In just plain reading of the scripture it seems the curse is on Canaan (one man, Ham's son) only. Where are we getting decendents from?

Gen 9:25 And he said, Cursed be Canaan; a servant of servants shall he be unto his brethren.
Gen 9:26 And he said, Blessed be the LORD God of Shem; and Canaan shall be his servant.
Gen 9:27 God shall enlarge Japheth, and he shall dwell in the tents of Shem; and Canaan shall be his servant.
Old 07-11-2009, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diligent View Post
Gee, how nice, another thread turned into a debate over Ruckman.

Well, at least this proves this isn't a "Ruckmanite" forum. There's at least a silver lining...
Brandon, it's not nice brother. Dr. Ruckman is the most verbal and highest profile teacher today of the heresy that Genesis 9 is used to teach that we are discussing in this thread. This teaching is a work of the flesh as Paul tells us of in Galatians. It's sad that a man as talented as Dr. Ruckman would teach such a heresy, it's sad a man as talented as Cornelius Stam taught the heresy of absolute Calvinist predestination, and i think it's sad that when Dr. Ruckman's false teachings and fleshly nature are demonstrated in this forum on any topic out come the pitchforks and torches. We tried to have a discussion on water baptism and it was disrupted with the Gospel According To Peter Rickman & Harry ironside and that's why I dropped out of it, not because i am wrong or that I was "outvoted", but to help keep peace in the forum. That's not possible, so I'm returning to the water baptism thread.

You're right, this is not a "Ruckmanite" forum but it's gittin' close brother.

Grace and peace

Tony