General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 07-14-2009, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbear View Post
Welcome to the forum, Cloudwalker! I arrived at this forum believing the KJV to be the best and most faithfully translated version from the textus receptus. Will Kinney, Bibleprotector and George Anderson, among others, have helped convince me that the KJV was actually inspired of God. That may not mean as much to me as others because I'm kind of a simple believer and I already knew by the Holy Spirit's testimony to me that the KJV was perfect before I came here. Now, though, any little niggling doubts are vanquished immediately. If any come up, all I have to do is post my question in Bible Versions, or email them, and these kind fellows will give an answer that is incontestable.

I started to read the Calvinism thread today but it's so much information it's kind of daunting so I will have to make time to read it all. Self discipline and time management are not my fortes, unfortunately. George's studies have helped me and a friend of mine immensely. By the Holy Spirit indwelling in me as well as by my own (slight) intelligence I can see the careful and true exposition of scripture in George's studies.

Brandon's SwordSearcher software has increased my ability to study and understand scripture exponentially. I had better get my husband SwordSearcher before I catch up with him! (Well, maybe in a year or two.)

May God bless you,

Jennifer
Jennifer!

Thank you for the kind welcome, Sister.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:29 AM

Default Welcome Cloudwalker

A warm welcome from the home of the KJB!

I was just wondering - is your forum title a Christian version of a certain star wars character?

Hope you enjoy the forum

God bless

PaulB
Old 07-15-2009, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulB View Post
A warm welcome from the home of the KJB!

I was just wondering - is your forum title a Christian version of a certain star wars character?

Hope you enjoy the forum

God bless

PaulB
The reason for my username is...I am a avid hiker, I have a passion for hiking, mountain climbing...being up in the clouds if you will.

Of course I bring Scripture with me and study God's word...I'm hoping one day while I'm up there in the mountains Christ will come and I'll have less travel time to get to Him in the clouds.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:56 PM

Amen, I enjoy reading Brother George's posts also. Btw, welcome.
Old 07-15-2009, 05:25 PM

Default Re: "Thanks George!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudwalker View Post
The reason for my username is...I am a avid hiker, I have a passion for hiking, mountain climbing...being up in the clouds if you will.

Of course I bring Scripture with me and study God's word...I'm hoping one day while I'm up there in the mountains Christ will come and I'll have less travel time to get to Him in the clouds.
Aloha brother,

From the late 1960's to the late 1990's our family's favorite past time was hiking and camping. In the course of 50 years I hiked every single river on the Island of Kauai (some to the source). Close to 40% of the island consists of a a very inhospitable area called the Alakai swamp (elevation 1,500 - 4,000 feet); my family and I explored and crossed the "Alakai" at least 50 times or more (sometimes camping for up to 2 weeks at a time with six kids and my wife and I.)

In 1961 my wife and I spent our honeymoon in Kalalau Valley - a remote valley on the island accessible only by boat or an 11 mile trail along cliff edges, etc. I miss doing those things, but with the family scattered to the four winds and me getting older, I haven't really hiked in years.