Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-30-2009, 10:21 PM

Sis Amanda,

I have to remember that I'm a bit unusual, I spend the majority of my day in the Word of God. I'm disabled and usually am at home, so I have time to put the Word of God always first. If I were to find that I can't put it first... then I would know that there was something that I needed to eliminate from my life to "make room."

I have noticed some friends who are soooooo harried and so frazzled that their nerves are stretched to the max. They're always driving their kids to various places for a diversity of sports, music lessons, school activities, and "Christian activities." I wonder how very edifying such activities are, if a person barely has time to devote maybe 15 minutes a day for Bible study?

Well, I should say NEVER MIND... because I don't have any children and have never had to devote my time to motherhood so, instead, I put that time into the Bible. I am certain that it is a wonderful thing to raise up a child to love the Word of God! There are so many beautiful scriptures about the blessings of children.

Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.
5 Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate.

Proverbs 17:6 Children's children are the crown of old men; and the glory of children are their fathers.

Proverbs 31:28 Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her.

There are times when I have wished that I had children. However, the Lord knows best and I trust in Him. I have to realize that I have the blessing of TIME and also the freedom to make decisions about how I will use that time. I know not everyone has the time that God has given to me. AND not always do I use it wisely!! Yes, I can admit that.

Jassy