General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 06-30-2009, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybones2112 View Post

My main hobby of the last 5 or 6 years in duplicating Plains Indians artifacts. I made my own bow and make my own arrows. I make knives, warclubs, spears, that type thing,

Can you post some pictures of your artifacts?

I'd like to see them, and know more about that.
Old 07-05-2009, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biblereader View Post
Can you post some pictures of your artifacts?

I'd like to see them, and know more about that.
I'd be glad to BR, soon as I figger out how to post attachments. I got 2 or 3 pictures on this computer, my camera is in the pawnshop right now, when I get it out I'll post some of my sheaths, hidescrapers, bones needles, that kind of thing. I salute bro. Parrish for starting this thread, it can be an ongoing one that won't fade out like many of the other threads. I don;t use power tools because I don;t own any, I make everything by hand. I use only natural material, no epoxy, I use hide glues and what I call "injun Epoxy": Dried deer dung, pine sap, and hide glue mixed. I use mostly deer, buffalo, elk, and other hides and rarely use cowhide. I sew with sinew: buffalo, elk, moose, and deer tendon. I have a 70 inch hickory longbow that's a bit too hard for me to pull with little grip in my hands, a company on the net I do business with now has some 2 year old Osage staves, I want to make a short horseback flatbow.

Grace and peace

Tony
Old 07-10-2009, 12:27 AM

Quote:
I'd be glad to BR, soon as I figger out how to post attachments.
Tony
Brother Tony, If you ever figure out out to post attachments, please let me know! I've been trying to figure out the same thing! It's a NO GO.

Thanks!
Jassy
Old 07-10-2009, 10:45 PM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
I'd be glad to BR, soon as I figger out how to post attachments. I got 2 or 3 pictures on this computer, my camera is in the pawnshop right now, when I get it out I'll post some of my sheaths, hidescrapers, bones needles, that kind of thing. I salute bro. Parrish for starting this thread, it can be an ongoing one that won't fade out like many of the other threads. Tony
Tony, to post an attachment here's what I do; just upload a low resolution version of the image (like 5 or 6 inches wide at 72 DPI) onto a site called Photobucket (or any similar free photo hosting site). Once it's there they give you a tag which you can simply copy and paste on the forum, and voila—you're done. I am on a Mac as you know, but they usually give you several types of code options so maybe you can experiment and see which works for your system. Many cameras shoot large images nowadays, like 10 inches at 300 DPI, so don't forget to down-size the image before uploading that way it will be a much faster process.
Old 07-11-2009, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish View Post
Tony, to post an attachment here's what I do; just upload a low resolution version of the image (like 5 or 6 inches wide at 72 DPI) onto a site called Photobucket (or any similar free photo hosting site).
I use Flickr, and Photobucket, and I've always downloaded my images into them at high res. No problem.
Old 07-11-2009, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biblereader View Post
I use Flickr, and Photobucket, and I've always downloaded my images into them at high res. No problem.
I used Photobucket to download mine. I used to be on a Ragdoll Cat forum and I had learned how to upload pictures there. I hadn't done that for so long, I completely forgot about that and my account there! I guess the uploading process is pretty much the same for this forum.
Old 07-11-2009, 03:06 PM

I've been able to see a number of Jassy's paintings online. She is an amazing artist. She has many different styles of painting including impressionism which is also my favorite.
Old 07-12-2009, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbear View Post
I've been able to see a number of Jassy's paintings online. She is an amazing artist. She has many different styles of painting including impressionism which is also my favorite.
Thank you for your kind observations, sis!