General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 03-10-2008, 09:06 AM
cpmac

Quote:
I believe the KJV/AV is God's infallible word in english. I believe the TR is God's infallible word in Greek. I therefore believe the greek TR cannot trump the KJV anymore than the Spanish Valera can trump the KJV.
It may be that those who think the Greek and Hebrew texts trump the KJV simply don't know how to properly translate. I believe that the KJV translators did a superior job translating the original languages into English. While I cannot prove that the KJV is inspired and infalible, I can say that it is the most consistent and sensible Bible I have ever read.

cpmac
www.tribulationhoax.com
www.biblefacts.net
Old 02-08-2008, 03:04 AM

Dr Ruckman is basically a good man. he like all of us has our weaknesses and our strong points. he has amazing insights at times and at others it is almaost sickening. but my opinion of him is I am fair inhearing him. like another questinable man Jerry Falwell use to say, "chew the meat and spit out the bones"
Old 02-08-2008, 07:10 AM
jerry

Chew the meat and spit out the bones is great advice if you are eating a steak - but not if the steak is poisoned. You have to get to where you decide, do his flaws outweigh his good points. His language, his wacky doctrine (such as all his belief in aliens, in the Gap Theory, his hyperdispensationalism, his belief in the RE-inspiration of the KJV, belief in new revelation in the KJV) - do these outweigh his defense of the KJV? I believe they do.
Old 02-09-2008, 12:25 AM

Jerry May God bless you so much more in wisdom. Many have different Gap theories, he is not by any means a Hyper dispensationalist, He is correct in saying there is no error in the KJV.

Jerry I hate to say this but I have read many of your posts throughout AV1611 Forums. You are a CYNIC man! not critical but Cynical.
Old 02-09-2008, 07:00 AM
jerry

So? Refute what I am saying if you believe it is wrong.

Ruckman is a hyperdispensationalist. He teaches different salvation in different time periods, he relegates about half of the NT to the Tribulation period and not to the church.
Old 02-09-2008, 02:50 PM
ok.book.guy

Ruckman is a hyperdispensationalist. He teaches different salvation in different time periods, he relegates about half of the NT to the Tribulation period and not to the church.

Bro. Ruckman's KJV defense is one of the best. I have read, heard, and watched him preach and debate several times. But he is a hyperdispensationalist. He doesn't believe the gospel of grace was being preached on the day of pentecost (even though it was preached to Abraham!). That and his nasty attitude I just "spue out" like bone and fat in a steak.
Old 02-25-2008, 11:49 PM
lei-kjvonly

I'm not saying Ruckman is a god but I do believe that he is one of todays best defenders of the KJV and that God is using him and his ministry. I know that sometimes he is rude or crude in some of his books that I've read, but let's face it, he's human just like us. I'm not saying he's right in what he says all the time but Paul the Apostle even said that he himself was "rude in speech." I don't think we necessarily should throw the baby out with bathwater.
Old 02-26-2008, 07:00 AM
jerry

Paul meant he was not an eloquent speaker (like Apollos), not that he spoke crude things.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:06 AM
lei-kjvonly

Ya your right about that Jerry. I can see that, but don't you also think that according to Rom. 16:17 that sometimes it is necessary to strongly make known the sin of some other men around us? Again I myself do not believe that the way Ruckman represents himself all the time is appropriate, but I'm just saying don't you think that it is necessary sometimes to be strong in your approach. Christ himself called the Pharisees "O ye generation of vipers." According to the Pharisees and everyday speech that would be considered "rude," don't you think so? All I'm saying is are we confusing "rude" with "boldness" sometimes?

Rom 16:17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offenses contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:10 PM
jerry

We are supposed to be righteously angry and sin not. Losing control of your tongue and or typing fingers is a sin. If someone is being a hypocrite and I call him one, that is not sinning. If I call someone some crude term or nickname, then I am sinning. And Ruckman has used some crude terminology that the Bible does not use - he also uses various terms in ways that the Bible does not. Even if it is appropriate to use the same terms, we should make sure that they fit the same sins - not just calling them something crude because they don't cross their t's the exact same way I do.