Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Old 03-10-2008, 10:11 AM
jerry

Doesn't the word invocation mean something like calling a spirit forth, making it appear? We call on God's name, but we don't make Him appear - by dancing or rituals. He is omnipresent.
Old 02-02-2008, 09:45 AM
Pastor Mikie

Dancing is controversial. I've seen "appropriate" dancing before. It was movements of joy and done without sensuality of anykind. Dancing isn't a command just like tamborines (timbrals) aren't. If they were, then every person in every church better use one and get moving. So, I associate these verses with the followinf NT verses:
1 Corinthians 10:31 Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
and--
1 Corinthians 6:20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.
Old 02-03-2008, 10:57 AM

Yes, it is controversial indeed! I remember when I was a child that dancing in worship is "Charismatic" or "Pentecostal", and Baptists who imitated the practice were termed "Bapticostal". Today, the so-called "Praise and Worship" movement is very unpopular. Since, again, we have "no such custom" in our church, some young people are asking if it is wrong. What do you say about this?
Old 02-03-2008, 11:17 AM
jerry

Praise and worship music is typically soft rock - and I bet any child dancing to it, is moving to the rhythm, not dancing in worship.

We do not find David moving to the music - we find him leaping for joy.
Old 02-04-2008, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biblestudent View Post
Yes, it is controversial indeed! I remember when I was a child that dancing in worship is "Charismatic" or "Pentecostal", and Baptists who imitated the practice were termed "Bapticostal". Today, the so-called "Praise and Worship" movement is very unpopular. Since, again, we have "no such custom" in our church, some young people are asking if it is wrong. What do you say about this?
Oops, sorry... what I meant was "very popular".
Old 02-09-2008, 12:12 AM

One thing the Problem is when people use poetry to create a doctrine. Poetry is emotional. the preist never danced in the temple. There is a big movement here where I am serving in the Philippines. And I would have to say it is of teh flesh. the girating of hips and placing the hands behind the head and bouncing themselves in and out just doesn't seem God honoring yet they call themselves "gansters for God" When I got a chnce to meet a couple of these kids they were no spiritual minded two of them carried demonic spirits and couldn't even look me in the eye when we shook hands. I could see it all over them they weren't saved they were just a member of a dance troop claiming it was for God. Quites Emergent Church though as it blended worldly with supposed spiritual. there pastor is an entertainer, song writer seems to be more interested in getting support form Foriegn Churches (money aint that what it all comes down too).
Old 02-09-2008, 07:04 AM
jerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
One thing the Problem is when people use poetry to create a doctrine. Poetry is emotional.
1/3 of the OT is poetry - do you just disregard 1/4 of your Bible when it comes to doctrine. There is plenty of doctrine in Job, Psalms, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, Song of Solomon, and the poetical portions of the prophetical books.
Old 02-09-2008, 06:38 PM

one thing I have learned that if the doctrine does not agree with the NT teaching of the Apostle to the Gentile it is not doctrine for today. and that is the problem everybody and most do mix up doctrines from different dispensations and say they are all for today. well remember if you keep one law you must do them all. if you break one you break them all

But I praise my God and Lord Jesus Christ for putting to death the Law on the cross. so if youwant to use OT doctrines to run your life go ahead. as for me and my house we shall serve the Lord in newness of Spirit and not in oldness of the letter.
Old 02-09-2008, 06:56 PM
jerry

2 Timothy 3:16-17 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
Old 02-09-2008, 11:58 PM

yeah it is profitable it doesn't say it is ALL DOCTRINE.

that mixing of Doctrine is among even the most conservative churches today.

the fullness of Grace toward the beleiver in faith free from law and works. for the unsaved it is Believe on Christ, for the saved (of which there are two types of Christians taught in the NT CArnal and Spiritual) it is yield yourselves unto God and your members unto righteousness. Be filled, be led, be taugth of the HOLY SPIRIT.

many get caught in their own teachings they forget and seek the scriptures. they hope in them they find salvation but they speak of Jesus Christ and all that he has provided complete and whole for our dispensation.

Last edited by chette777; 02-10-2008 at 12:00 AM.