Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 04-16-2009, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybones2112 View Post
Not only were the original manuscripts given by a singular act of inspiration; copies and translations propagating by a second and complimentary act of inspiration
Are you saying that the copies and translations were "given by inspiration" or simply "inspired" copies and translations?
Old 04-16-2009, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbiwolski View Post
Are you saying that the copies and translations were "given by inspiration" or simply "inspired" copies and translations?
I don't see a difference, as copies and translations are given by inspiration(otherwise they are not "Scriptures")and they are inspired if they are what God works through to make converts alive to Christ and give us understanding of the word(Job 32:8). Part Two is coming soon.

Grace and peace

Tony Bones
Old 04-22-2009, 07:53 AM

Tony, Barry over on FFF has placed a challenge to you regarding your book. He first implies that you may not actually be working on a book by using the statement, "You claim that you are writing a book on KJVOism." He also misrepresents the purpose of your book. Since you have not been posting on FFF recently, you may not have noticed it. Of course he falsely implies that you are afraid or unable to answer his challenge.

I posted a few responses, but my time left there is limited (5 more posts), and I shouldn't answer for you, so I thought I might mention it here. I know you can very well handle yourself, and I am perfectly happy whether you choose to respond or not. Barry is recalcitrant anyhow.

Barry cannot post on this forum because of past indiscretions, so he would not be able to debate here.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:11 AM

Freesundayschoollessons is a true adversary. He has gone out of his way to make a comment on my latest YouTube videos too. I have let him have his little blab, only to show that we are able to answer the gainsayers. Having "discussions" with him is like going to the School of Tyrannus.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibleprotector View Post
Freesundayschoollessons is a true adversary. He has gone out of his way to make a comment on my latest YouTube videos too. I have let him have his little blab, only to show that we are able to answer the gainsayers. Having "discussions" with him is like going to the School of Tyrannus.
My friend, the main thrust we have in trying to have an answer for everyone as Paul said, is that perhaps the answer is not always for the person doing the answering, as we discussed getting"off topic" with Nehemiah in his short stay.

My answers on the Bible version issues are not from Hills and Burgon, but from the Scriptures themselves. Even as fellow soldiers and friends, you and I could discuss and debate Vaticanus till Christ returns and it would be of no effect to anyone. My discussions on the Scriptures is from the position of the Scriptures themselves. That is the thrust of my little booklet I have been planning and working on. A Biblical response to the Original Manuscript Fraud.

Grace and peace to you

Tony
Old 04-22-2009, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim View Post
Tony, Barry over on FFF has placed a challenge to you regarding your book. He first implies that you may not actually be working on a book by using the statement, "You claim that you are writing a book on KJVOism." He also misrepresents the purpose of your book. Since you have not been posting on FFF recently, you may not have noticed it. Of course he falsely implies that you are afraid or unable to answer his challenge.

I posted a few responses, but my time left there is limited (5 more posts), and I shouldn't answer for you, so I thought I might mention it here. I know you can very well handle yourself, and I am perfectly happy whether you choose to respond or not. Barry is recalcitrant anyhow.

Barry cannot post on this forum because of past indiscretions, so he would not be able to debate here.
Tim, thank you so much, I have a family illness here. My wife has not been well and I see to her as much as I possibly can and I don;t mean to neglect them over there. I hope my arrival didn;t make things hard for you, but short of admitting Machiavellianisn, there is a purpose in everything I do and I'll get over as soon as I can and again, thank you. I don;t understand why you have chosen not to post there anymore but like me, you have a reason.

Grace and peace and call on me anytime I can be a help to you.

Tony
Old 04-22-2009, 09:17 AM

Tony, please don't take my statements as pressure on you to respond. I just didn't know if you had seen the little ankle-biter's jabs at you (written in love, Barry ).

The reason that I am leaving FFF is basically that I determined some time back to stop before I hit the 1000 posts. I have been there for a long time, and little has come out of it. I made a decision to let the 999th post be my last so that I would not get the title "Fundamental Pope". I know that it is just a silly title chosen by the system operator, but I eschew the name "pope".
Old 04-22-2009, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim View Post
Tony, please don't take my statements as pressure on you to respond. I just didn't know if you had seen the little ankle-biter's jabs at you (written in love, Barry ).

The reason that I am leaving FFF is basically that I determined some time back to stop before I hit the 1000 posts. I have been there for a long time, and little has come out of it. I made a decision to let the 999th post be my last so that I would not get the title "Fundamental Pope". I know that it is just a silly title chosen by the system operator, but I eschew the name "pope".
Right on brother. That's your conviction and I stand with you on it if that's your feelings. We gave them Hills, Burgon, Waite, Ruckman, I'm gonna see if they can handle Scripture.

Tim, who created the "KJV-Only"?

They did.

Pope Clement did, Satan did, Westcott and Hort did, Kutelik, Hudson, White, BJU, they all created their own monster. Let's look at them from a human perspective: This is all these people have. What else do they have? Rather than stand next to you and me and the rest of this forum and weather the assaults and fiery darts, they turn into chihuahuas, as you say, rather than be a lion for Christ.

They got their work cut out for them brother, they got questions coming they can't answer.

Grace and peace to you

Tony
Old 04-22-2009, 08:33 PM

Tony, Barry has put out the welcome mat to his quaint little forum (I'm teasing, Barry), www.freesundayschoollessons.com/forums/

It would be a better place to debate this topic than FFF. Much less interference from frothing multi-versionists (although roby does lurk there).

HOWEVER, you must play nice, Tony! I am vouching for you. Barry is an okay guy. He just got hit really hard in the head when he was at Bible College and has never been quite right since.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:48 AM

Barry's first port of call was to some confession of men...

Quote:
God inspired His Word when He gave it. This is orthodox. The Westminster Confession speaks of this and it is a part of the Fundamentals constructed at the Niagara Bible Conference. We, who believe modern versions are inspired, believe that they are inspired only if they agree with the Greek and Hebrew originals. The KJV, NIV, NASB, ESV are inspired because they derive inspiration from the originals.
I don't think I need to point out at least four huge errors and assumptions in that introductory paragraph of his.