Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Old 07-15-2009, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryb View Post
The Gospeel was also preached to Abraham...

Gal 3:8 - And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed

Other things to consider...

Gal 3:17 - And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.

1 Pet 3:18-20
For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit: By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison; Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.
Just a question for you.. when was Abraham saved?

Was it Genesis 15, or Genesis 18, or Genesis 22?

Paul says it was Genesis 15 (In Romans 4), and then above, in Galatians 3 he says it is in Genesis 18 when he hears the gospel. James says it was Genesis 22...

What does Abraham hear in Genesis 18? "In thee all nations shall be blessed". That's not the same gospel you and I hear. And if you want to say it is the gospel of God, then how was Abraham saved (imputed righteousness in Genesis 15) before he even heard it (the quote in Galatians is from Genesis 18).

And that's what rightly dividing is all about....
Old 07-15-2009, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
What does Abraham hear in Genesis 18? "In thee all nations shall be blessed". That's not the same gospel you and I hear. And if you want to say it is the gospel of God, then how was Abraham saved (imputed righteousness in Genesis 15) before he even heard it (the quote in Galatians is from Genesis 18).
Part of the Gospel that you and I hear is the blessing of the nations. Prior to Christ Israel was God's instrument of salvation, now it is the world-wide Church...into all nations. Satan has been bound precisely for that reason - that he should not deceive the nations any more...

Rev 20:2-3
And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

It is the blessing of Abraham that comes to the nations/Gentiles...

Gal 3:14 - That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

God did not give the inheritance to Abraham by the law...

Gal 3:18 - For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.

Abraham did not look for an earthly inheritance ...

Heb 11:9-10
By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise: For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.
Old 07-15-2009, 07:08 AM

Rev 20:2-3 has not taken place yet. revelation is a book of prophecy John wrote in 90AD concerning the Lords Day which is his great day of wrath.

for Israel never had a division between ceremonial Civil and moral laws and commandments they ALL went together. anyone who taught otherwise is not being true to God Word and would be considered a heretic by Israel for doing so.

LarryB's posts are SDA teaching. We don't put our trust in Augustine or any other Alexandrian cultist. or any man for that matter. We put our trust in teh Pure unadulterated King James Bible.

I am not a religious person. I am a spiritual person who understands the spiritual things of God.
Old 07-15-2009, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
Rev 20:2-3 has not taken place yet. revelation is a book of prophecy John wrote in 90AD concerning the Lords Day which is his great day of wrath.
Interesting how you look upon your statement as being fact though the Scripture does not claim it as fact.

Rev 1:1 - The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John

Quote:
for Israel never had a division between ceremonial Civil and moral laws and commandments they ALL went together. anyone who taught otherwise is not being true to God Word and would be considered a heretic by Israel for doing so.
Israel did have a division. The King was permitted to execute justice based on the moral law, but was not permitted to execute the ceremonial law...that was the priests job. So there certainly was a division.

Quote:
LarryB's posts are SDA teaching. We don't put our trust in Augustine or any other Alexandrian cultist. or any man for that matter. We put our trust in teh Pure unadulterated King James Bible.
That's simply not true. SDA came long after the teaching that i adhere to - the teaching of Scripture. You must be either unaware of SDA teachings or unaware of my understanding of Scripture teaching.

Quote:
I am not a religious person. I am a spiritual person who understands the spiritual things of God.
That's a shame that you're not religious...i guess that means you don't have to adhere to...

James 1:26-27
If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain. Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.
Old 07-15-2009, 05:53 PM

Consider these scripture testimony of the book of Revelation as to it being prophecy

Rev 1:3 ¶ Blessed [is] he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time [is] at hand.

These are the last days and they have been for the last 2000 years. none of which has taken place yet.

Rev 11:6 These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.

the days of their prophecy has yet to take place

Rev 22:7 Behold, I come quickly: blessed [is] he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book. Rev 22:10 And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.

the same words were used in Rev1:3 but none of what is in the book of Rev has taken place nor has the Lord "come quickly"

Rev 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

you have added to the Words of Paul by saying his letters teach men to obey the ten commandments

Rev 22:19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and [from] the things which are written in this book.

of course with you Calvinistic view you don't think you could have your name removed from the book of Life for adding to Paul's letter that he taught men to keep the Ten commandments.

maybe you for got this:

Acts 15:24 Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment:
You will notice that keep the law is separated from the ceremonial law of circumcision.
25 It seemed good unto us, being assembled with one accord, to send chosen men unto you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul,
26 Men that have hazarded their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
27 We have sent therefore Judas and Silas, who shall also tell you the same things by mouth.
28 For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things;
NO ten commandments were laid upon believers.
29 That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.

please be careful of your personal tone in your responses some may take offense. Religion is a man made thing to honor men like Presbyterian Religion, Lutheran Religion and Roman Catholic Religion all are unbiblical full of ceremony and pomp. but God is Spirit and he wants us to worship him in Spirit and Truth not be religious. It is not the outward show of religion that God looks at. it is the heart.

For my Spiritual freedom which was given me in Christ, He suffered and paid the cost with his Life, I have suffered many hardships for his name sake, But I count it all loss to know Christ and Him Crucified that I might give him all the glory and that is worth more than any religion could ever give.

Last edited by chette777; 07-15-2009 at 06:02 PM.
Old 07-16-2009, 02:48 PM

Default Re: "http://www.av-1611.com ? ?"

larryb said in his Post #32:
Quote:
"Part of the Gospel that you and I hear is the blessing of the nations. Prior to Christ Israel was God's instrument of salvation, now it is the world-wide Church...into all nations. Satan has been bound precisely for that reason - that he should not deceive the nations any more..."

And then Larry quotes Revelation 20:2-3 to support his "belief":

Rev 20:2-3
And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
Aloha all,

I do not mean to "pile-on" poor Larry, since he has left us, but IF "Satan has been bound" (the Bible says for "a thousand years") - just exactly WHEN was he "bound"? And IF he is "bound" WHO (in the world) is causing all of the havoc, chaos, and confusion (i.e. deceit) in our present world?

I can understand how some of the Reformers might have believed that the church was bringing in the "kingdom" - what with the ouster of Roman Catholicism in much of Europe and England and with the world wide Missionary endeavor that was taking place then. But HOW can someone who has lived in the 20th. Century or now in the 21st. Century possibly believe that "Satan has been bound" with all of the EVIL PHYSICAL EVIDENCE to the contrary staring him in the face?

1 Timothy 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

2 Timothy 3:1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

2 Thessalonians 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

WHERE is the "evidence" that the church is bringing in the "kingdom" today - when all around us all that we see is APOSTASY?