Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 07-11-2009, 08:21 AM
Bro. Parrish

Sorry Tim, don't mean to hijack but I was talking to Chette. See I have met Bro. Ruckman, and I have seen him preach many times, in many different churches in different cities all over the place going back well over 25 years. And I have never even once seen him use "body guards."
Old 07-11-2009, 09:39 AM

Boy, I think people completely misunderstood what I was saying.

I agree 100%, that the curse was on Canaan.

That said, in the history of man, those peoples who could be traced with accuracy to either Shem, Ham, or Japheth do seem to have certain characteristics. This is not saying anything detrimental whatsoever about any family. All are equally important and have made significant contributions to mankind.

The descendents of Shem have generally been religious or spiritual types. The great religions of the world for the most part originated with these people.

The descendents of Ham have been people "of the earth" to a degree. They were not so interested in religion, or even science. They are the doers. They invent practical solutions to practical problems. So, as I showed in my post, they developed machines, tools, ships, medicines, domesticated animals for use and much more.

Those of Japheth have been the thinkers. Not spiritual thinkers, but philosophy and science. The Greeks are a great example. They have been important in law and government.

Now, these are all general statements, but I believe there is much truth in them. Of course there are exceptions to this general observation. And as time has passed all the families of man have mixed and clear distinctions can no longer be made.

But in no way am I saying anything derogatory about any people. All have made important contributions to mankind. As a man is not complete without spirit, body, and soul, mankind needs these three types to be successful.

The article also pointed out that the Gospel also went out in order to the Shemites (the Jews), the Hamites (the Ethopian eunuch), and Japhethites (Cornelius).

Yes, I know the scriptures do not say these things directly. But scriptures can say many things indirectly that are still true.

John 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

When Jesus said this, there were no NT scriptures. In the OT there are no direct scriptures which tell us distinctly about Jesus. But the story is there. When Abraham was ordered to sacrifice his son Isaac, when Abraham said;

Gen 22:8 And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.

This was the scriptures testifying about Jesus. But it was indirect.
Old 07-11-2009, 10:34 AM
Forum Administrator

Gee, how nice, another thread turned into a debate over Ruckman.

Well, at least this proves this isn't a "Ruckmanite" forum. There's at least a silver lining...
Old 07-11-2009, 01:35 PM

Default Decendents?

I am not sure where decendents really comes in at all. In just plain reading of the scripture it seems the curse is on Canaan (one man, Ham's son) only. Where are we getting decendents from?

Gen 9:25 And he said, Cursed be Canaan; a servant of servants shall he be unto his brethren.
Gen 9:26 And he said, Blessed be the LORD God of Shem; and Canaan shall be his servant.
Gen 9:27 God shall enlarge Japheth, and he shall dwell in the tents of Shem; and Canaan shall be his servant.
Old 07-11-2009, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diligent View Post
Gee, how nice, another thread turned into a debate over Ruckman.

Well, at least this proves this isn't a "Ruckmanite" forum. There's at least a silver lining...
Brandon, it's not nice brother. Dr. Ruckman is the most verbal and highest profile teacher today of the heresy that Genesis 9 is used to teach that we are discussing in this thread. This teaching is a work of the flesh as Paul tells us of in Galatians. It's sad that a man as talented as Dr. Ruckman would teach such a heresy, it's sad a man as talented as Cornelius Stam taught the heresy of absolute Calvinist predestination, and i think it's sad that when Dr. Ruckman's false teachings and fleshly nature are demonstrated in this forum on any topic out come the pitchforks and torches. We tried to have a discussion on water baptism and it was disrupted with the Gospel According To Peter Rickman & Harry ironside and that's why I dropped out of it, not because i am wrong or that I was "outvoted", but to help keep peace in the forum. That's not possible, so I'm returning to the water baptism thread.

You're right, this is not a "Ruckmanite" forum but it's gittin' close brother.

Grace and peace

Tony
Old 07-11-2009, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish View Post
Sorry Tim, don't mean to hijack but I was talking to Chette. See I have met Bro. Ruckman, and I have seen him preach many times, in many different churches in different cities all over the place going back well over 25 years. And I have never even once seen him use "body guards."
Brother Parrish, I can get you sworn depositions that on one night he did.

Grace and peace

Tony