General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 03-23-2009, 07:25 PM

Brother, I pray do NOT be shaken in these last days, when apostasy is rampant in our Churches, be not shaken in mind nor spirit for the spirit testifies with me and many others on this forum that YOU are my / our Brother.

Romans 8:38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
Romans 8:39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

“Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?” That is, once we have been justified by faith, who is there, what power is there, that can separate from the love of Christ? And the answer, how full, how clear, not a shadow, not a doubt, not a question left, when the apostle says that neither death nor life shall separate! Can you think of anything which is neither included in death nor in life? Neither death nor life shall separate!
So Brother whatever sin plagues you today, IT CANNOT separate you from the love of Christ and I pray that it will depart from you and you WILL find peace and assurance.

John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
John 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

Dont listen to apostate Christians who condemn you with doctrines of men and self righteousness, we are wretched and unworthy of the Love of Christ but do you know what?, he loves each and every one of us nonetheless
Sin still plagues our mortal flesh and will continue to do so until we are Glorified hang in there prayerfully for it will never become too much

Romans 15:1 We then that are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak, and not to please ourselves.

I pray that I may help to bear your infirmities to please our Lord and Saviour because Luke...YOU ARE MY BROTHER

the moment you trust the Lord Jesus as your Saviour, your responsibility as a sinner having to do with the God of judgement is ended for eternity, but that same moment your responsibility as a child having to do with a Father in heaven begins. Now if as a child you should sin against your Father, God will have to deal with you about that, but as a father and not as a judge.

God Bless and I pray that assurance is yours.
Old 03-23-2009, 08:03 PM

Default Friends...Please help me.

My problem is with forgiveness... can God forgive me?

Brother Luke,

After I left the Catholic Church and the confessional I asked myself many a times The exact same Question, "Can God forgive me?" I was a very devout Catholic and only my Love for a God I knew as my maker kept me from "grevious" sin. I know that is a catholic definition for sin, but that is one baggage that keeps slipping out from the old days.

George was saved before we were married. My Catholic beliefs kept me from being saved for almost 4 years. After I was saved I was plagued by assurance of salvation.(Anothder drawback from Catholicism) I knew I had received my Lord not only as my maker but also as my Saviour I struggled with this problem of assurancce for many years. In 1975 I had emergency kidney surgery. I faced the fact that if anything went wrong I would not wake up from the table. Kidney surgery is the bloodiest surgery you can have (at least it was at that time).

I wanted very much to wake to my Beloved husband and five children and prayed for life after the operation. I prayed hard and long. The verses the Lord gave me was:

2 Corinthians 5:6 Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord:

2 Corinthians 5:8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

Absent from the body, present with the Lord. He would keep me either here on earth or in heaven. My Lord gave me assurance that no matter what the outcome, it would be alright. I have never doubted my salvation or the assurance of my salvation since that day. It took facing death for me to come to believe that God is able to keep me.

I could blame the Catholic Church for that, because it was thoroughly ingrained in me from my youth. But I take the blame upon myself. No one can get me lost,for I believe Christ died for all my sins and that He will continually be my Father and forgive me.

I sin, yes, but I have a very good example of God's love and forgiveness here beside me. If George is able to forgive me everyday for whatever fault or sin I do against him how much greater is Our Heavenly Father's love?

I have comitted my life, love,and body to George and he keeps me. I have found a new meaning to the word KEEP, if George is able to keep me for all these years, how much more Our Heavenly Father.

2 Timothy 1:12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

Brother Luke, He not only forgives you, He keeps you.

In Christian Love,
Renee
Old 03-24-2009, 05:10 PM

Luke

You need assurance. You are never going to know assurance by your feelings. Feelings have nothing to do with your salvation.

1) Do you realize you are a lost sinner who is guilty before God and cannot save yourself?

By your very words here you admit you are a sinner in need of Christ.

2)Do you believe Jesus is the Son of God, that He paid for your sins by going to the cross, shedding his blood, that He died, was buried, and after 3 days rose from the dead? -

I can't answer for you, but I think you believe all this.

3) Have your trusted Christ?

Have you prayed and asked Jesus to forgive your sins, and told him you receive his as your savior?

Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

The Bible says if you called upon Jesus to be your savior, you are saved.

Revelations 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Jesus is already knocking at the door of your heart. Have you invited Jesus into your heart? If so the Bible says you are saved.

Have you come to Jesus as best you know how in your heart and asked He forgive you?

John 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

Jesus knows EVERYTHING. If you have prayed to Jesus in your heart and asked Him to forgive your sins, he KNOWS. And He has promised not to turn you down under any circumstance.

Isaiah 45:22 Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.

Have you looked to Jesus and no one else to save you? Then the Bible says you are saved.

John 4:10 Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.

Have you simply asked Jesus for everlasting life? Then Jesus promised He would give it to you.

Luke 11:9 And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. 10 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

Look Luke

Ask
Seek
Knock

Luke, believeing is not a feeling. Believeing is a choice. Everyone is able to believe if they choose to do so.

Look at all these verses. They are all about believeing. Each one is a way to believe.

If you've asked Jesus to save you, then you have believed.

If you've come to Jesus to save you, then you have believed.

If you've opened your heart to receive Jesus, then you have believed.

If you've looked to Jesus to save you, then you have believed.

If you simply want Jesus to save you, then you have believed.

Revelations 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

Are you willing to let Jesus save you? Jesus knows your heart.

Do not go by your feelings. Go by God's Word. If you know you are a sinner that cannot save yourself, and believe only Jesus the Son of God can save you, and you have gone to Jesus in any of these ways, then the Bible says you are saved.

Last edited by Winman; 03-24-2009 at 05:19 PM.
Old 03-30-2009, 03:30 AM

Luke,

this is all of the Enemy trying to get you to be ineffective in witnessing. sounds to me you need a calling and that you may have to much free time on your hands. we all sin don't let anyone fool you. We grow in grace in those areas that we do sin and sin less as result of God's grace.

remember Romans six 1) reckon (recognize) yourself dead to sin and also reckon the areas you do sin. 2) Yield to God's righteousness (that which is imputed to you) and to personal righteousness and 3) serve God.

Then read Romans seven Paul struggled with personal sin too. come now if super Christians Paul struggled what more do you expect for all who want to live Godly in Christ Jesus.

Take a break and come over here to Palawan, you can stay free of charge here at our place all you need is a passport and you can stay up to two weeks with no special visa requirement.

Peopleoftheway, could use some help in Ireland setting up a Bible believing fellowship pray about going there for a little bit to help set up a new fellowship. Lots of opportunities for you to serve God just where your at I bet. you just don't see them.

May I suggest a book, "the school of Christ" by T. Austin-Sparks you can send for it free at: Emmanuel Church 12000 E 14th Street, Tulsa, OK 74128-5016 or call 918 838 1385 or 918 437 7064 it is a great book. your salvation is never based on how you feel or what circumstances you are in currently in your life. it is all part of Growing in Christ Jesus

Last edited by chette777; 03-30-2009 at 03:38 AM.
Old 04-11-2009, 11:59 PM

Default Answer to Luke

Kiwi is right Luke. A couple of additional points to remember or reflect on. Being tormented is actually a good sign. In Hebrews 12.1b "lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us," Paul or Barnabas talks about similar problems and remember Romans or Galatians when Paul speaks about not doing the things he want to do but does those things he hates. The devil would nothing better than destroy your confidence or ability to serve. I have and do struggle with reoccurring sins. I have read much and found three strong anchor holds to help when those powerful storms hit me between the eyes. The first is verse memorizations, I pick out specific ones that I've worked on repeatedly that the Holy Spirit can use to strengthen my resolve. I reflect on how Jesus used verses to fight against the temptations of Satan when he was particularly weak from his fasting. Secondly, (taken from a sermon I had heard) was to remember the love of Christ. To think about how he loved me personally and my individual relationship with him - how can I possibly try to reject how he feels about me. I have some responsibility to him and like in Proverbs 25.28 "He that hath no rule over his own spirit is like a city that is broken down and without walls." Also to better help in this specific thought area, I will bring my flesh into subjection with fasting for 3 or 4 days to help with perspective on Christs love and my responsibility to his mercy, love and grace.
The third method to overcome these uncontrolable urges is to completely focus upward on God's holiness and gain perspective through reverential fear. Our God IS a consuming fire (my emphasis). I do not want or need his wrath in my life. He is patient, longsuffering, loving, and forgiving, but there are limits once we are his. I definately don't need that kind of a problem with the world already in the state it is.

My prayers are with you Luke.
Old 04-14-2009, 05:59 AM

I go through the same feelings sometimes.

Let’s pray continually for each other.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:33 PM

Thumbs up

Never have another episode of doubt again, Luke, because you know you are saved.

These things have I written unto you that believe on the Name of the Son of God; that ye may know (as in, be 100% sure) that ye have Eternal Life, and that ye may believe on the Name of the Son of God. -- I John 5:13
Old 03-24-2009, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
I have a constant nagging in my own mind. I oft fear that I am not saved. Now, I have mentioned this before on this forum and another, but my thoughts are becoming clearer now. I'm not sure if I have or do trust in Jesus Christ as my Saviour. I thought I did, I don't remember now.

I've sinned greatly against God and hate my sin, yet often find myself committing it again and again willfully.

I'm pretty much at the end of my tether. I used to fight it. I am wanting God to forgive me and turn my heart away from it and totally to Him.

My problem is with forgiveness... can God forgive me?
Let me make it simple.

Salvation? Jesus Christ
Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved
Faith? Jesus Christ
Hebrews 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Word? Jesus Christ
John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
Do you want the word to be alive? Then see the incarnate Word each time you read it. Keep looking unto Jesus.

Truth? Jesus Christ
John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Victory? Jesus Christ
Romans 8:37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
Strength? Jesus Christ
Ephesians 6:10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
Forgiveness? Jesus Christ
Ephesians 1:7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;
Justification? Jesus Christ
Galatians 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.
It's Jesus...Luke.
Old 03-24-2009, 05:09 PM
Bro. Parrish

Well Luke, what do you think about all those comments?
Old 03-24-2009, 05:11 PM

I'm just reading over them slowly. My first instinct is to post something like "yes, I know BUT" and then come up with another reason for struggling. It's almost like I am comfortable in this place of despair. I am going to keep reading through and praying over them. Thank you all for your comments