Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 05-24-2009, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassy View Post
Why must we "break down" the original words in the perfect KJV and get them "translated" by other corrupt versions? The reason this is done is because Satan (aka: Lucifer) is always attempting to COUNTERFEIT Jesus Christ. He wants to be the perfect counterpart of Jesus Christ so that he can palm-off himself as the "LIGHT." He may be "a" light - but he's a FALSE light. The only TRUE Light source is Jesus Christ! Remember that in holy city, new Jersalem, what LIGHT is described there?

Revelation 21:23 - "And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof."

Revelation 22:5 - "And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever."
Amen, Jassy. Jesus is the true Light that lighteth every man that cometh into the world. Jesus does not share any of His names with Lucifer.
Old 05-24-2009, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbear View Post
Amen, Jassy. Jesus is the true Light that lighteth every man that cometh into the world. Jesus does not share any of His names with Lucifer.
greenbear, great quote from John 1:9!!
Old 05-25-2009, 01:07 AM
Ed Edwards

Greenbear: // I like your insight 2 up to a point. of course there's Christ versus anti-christ but they are not the exact same names like 'morning star' being used for both Christ and Lucifer. //

Actually, sister Greenbear, Christ and anti-christ are much the same as seen in Daniel 9:25-27.

Messiah the Prince is mentioned in Daniel 9:25, "Messiah be cut off" is mentioned in Daniel 9:26. The "people of the Prince that Shall come" is mentioned in Daniel 9:26.

The a-mills say "Prince that shall come" = "Messiah the Prince", and the people are Jews.

The pre-mills say Jesus = Messiah the Prince"
and Antichrist = "Prince that Shall come" and the people are Romans.

Two vastly different eschatologies result from the same words in the same KJV.
Old 05-25-2009, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Edwards View Post
Greenbear: // I like your insight 2 up to a point. of course there's Christ versus anti-christ but they are not the exact same names like 'morning star' being used for both Christ and Lucifer. //

Actually, sister Greenbear, Christ and anti-christ are much the same as seen in Daniel 9:25-27.

Messiah the Prince is mentioned in Daniel 9:25, "Messiah be cut off" is mentioned in Daniel 9:26. The "people of the Prince that Shall come" is mentioned in Daniel 9:26.

The a-mills say "Prince that shall come" = "Messiah the Prince", and the people are Jews.

The pre-mills say Jesus = Messiah the Prince"
and Antichrist = "Prince that Shall come" and the people are Romans.

Two vastly different eschatologies result from the same words in the same KJV.
Ed said: "Two vastly different eschatologies result from the same words in the same KJV."

Yeah, and one of them's wrong. Just guess which one I think it is? Are you really that much of a moron? You can go away now.
Old 05-25-2009, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbear View Post
Ed said: "Two vastly different eschatologies result from the same words in the same KJV."

Yeah, and one of them's wrong. Just guess which one I think it is? Are you really that much of a moron? You can go away now.
Wow. I regret this one. I called Ed a fool to his face (well, in a post), which the Lord warns against, and gave him a rude brushoff. Definitely not Christlike behavior. I don't mind debating facts and ideas in order to learn but I lost my patience with Ed's sophistry and stumbled into sin myself. Sorry Ed and everyone on the board. Hope you can all forgive me.
Old 05-25-2009, 04:32 PM

Since Ed has been banned, he will likely not see your apology, but I will copy to his FFF private account for you, if you wish. He and Barry are having a grand time over there regarding their mutual banning. He is not a fool, but he is most certainly not reflecting Christ.
Old 05-25-2009, 06:17 PM

Brother Tim- I would greatly appreciate it if you would copy it to his FFF account. I feel terrible.

Thank you,

Jennifer