General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 03-08-2008, 06:42 AM
jerry

Yowza! I really hate it when peope wing it in their theology! Replenished 400 years ago meant fill - that's all. Darkness was created by God, not the devil - spiritual darkness was from the devil - but the passage is talking about physical darkness.

Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

It is never wise to interpret the Bible by reading into it what isn't there.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 03-08-2008, 07:02 AM

jerry that is not all it meant 400 years ago. come now lets be realistic. and besides your flinging you theology as well. don't worry at least I know where I might be stretching. it is not stealthfully hidden in doctrines of men as yours. good thing it is not like a major Salvation issue or I would have a problem it is from clear understanding and theorizing with scripture. God KJV does not tell us the detail only Lucifer said I will five times but where was he just floating out there in the heavens? come now what is God highest goal for man Adam in innocence who loved his wife so much as to die for her sending us all into a life an sin. NEVER!!!
So God is a God of Grace. So try giving some sometime.
Old 03-08-2008, 07:03 AM

oh yeah 1JOhn ...God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
Old 03-08-2008, 07:12 AM

physical darkness is a result as well as spiritual darkness. some were blinded by God for their spiritual darkness (see the book of Acts). physicall darkness hides things (but not from God) however God would never create something that would allow you to hide (even thought you really cant from Him). do get the picture. hysicall darkness and blindnes and spiritual darkness have their root in one event. now where was that event taking place? what is so important about earth that God will redeem it as well as recreate it (and he will)? and he will put it back in place where there is no Physical darkness (Rev 20-22 discribes the new earth in places) as well as no spiritual darkness as it was from the begining.
Old 03-08-2008, 09:07 AM
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
Gen vs2 is what was at the beginning of the recreation. notice the plain English text "and he said unto them REPLENISH the earth in verse 28. that tells us something was going on in this earth long before the 6 days of recreation.
The theology of the gap between v1 and v2 is not bolstered by the use of the word "replenish" here. Use of the word "replenish" to mean "re-fill" is fairly recent (18th century). In 1611 it simply meant to fill. (Oxford English Dictionary.)

This doesn't disprove the "gap theory" but it is important that we recognize the definitions of the words on which we base our understanding.
Old 03-08-2008, 09:46 AM
broswmiller

I believe the works of the late Clarence Larkin in his works dispensational truth and Rightly Dividing the word of truth prove beyond a doubt there was a Pre-Adamite earth.

Satan existed before Adam and Eve and he was a fallen light bearer before Adam and Eve.Jesus said He seen satan fall like lightning and this was before God was made flesh.The Ice Age was before the creation of Adam and Eve ect.

God bless.
Brother Miller.

Another worthy source:

http://www.kjvbible.org/lifeform.html

Last edited by broswmiller; 03-08-2008 at 09:51 AM.
Old 03-08-2008, 12:56 PM

Default Peter S. Ruckman - Crackpot or Crusader?

Aloha all,

I'm new to this forum and have browsed around it reading most of the posts.

I personally think that this is one of the best forms I have seen {Full disclosure} although since "Diligent" is my son-in-law (married to our youngest daughter "Jaebird"), I may be slightly prejudiced.

However, I have noticed that there is one thing that this King James Bible Forum has in common with some others that I have seen - and that is a tendency on the part of some members (Bible believers to be sure) to dissociate or distance themselves from, or even criticize and tear down brother Peter Ruckman.

I also have noticed that many, if not most, of the negative comments that I read were based on "hearsay". So - before I make my comments I have 3 (three) questions to ask of any and all of those who have commented.

#1. Have you ever read any of the many books, commentaries, booklets, pamphlets, etc. that brother Ruckman has written? (And if so - how many? You don't have to list the names just the number -I'll trust you to be honest and truthful).

#2. Have you ever heard any of Peter Ruckman's numerous preaching and teaching tapes? (If so - how many? You don't have to list the names just the number -I'll trust you to be honest and truthful).

#3. Have you ever actually met brother Ruckman or been at any of his meetings where he has either preached or taught the word of God? (If so - where and when? I'll trust you to be honest and truthful).

The reason I put these questions to you is quite simple. I don't trust hearsay! After being saved for 50 years and having attended various churches and dealing with "all kinds" of Christians, sad to say, I don't trust Christians to judge matters the way that our Lord commanded us to Judge. (Matthew 7:1-2; John 7:24).

After a suitable amount of time I will truthfully answer all 3 questions myself and then make my comments.

Yours for the Lord Jesus Christ and for His Holy Word,

George
Old 03-08-2008, 01:12 PM

How do you know the ice age was before Adam? Because the same scholars who bring us evolution say so? You might be interested in the book An Ice Age Caused by the Genesis Flood by Michael Oard (a meteorologist), or search for "ice age" on sites such as www.icr.org (Institute for Creation Research) or http://www.answersingenesis.org.

How do we know for sure satan fell before Adam was created? How long was Adam and Eve on the earth before they ate of the tree of knowledge? All I can say offhand is that it must have been less than 130 years as I don't believe they had children until after they left the garden (Gen 5:3). How long did it take satan to fall after he was created?
Old 03-08-2008, 01:13 PM
jerry

I read at least two commentaries by him: Job and James -and as many articles as I could find online in 97-98, when I was first doing research on Bible versions. At first I liked his boldness, and willingness to expose those who didn't stand for the truth - but after a while I realized I was getting an aggressive attitude like he had - and the Lord got me to analyze it. His writings are filled with unjustified insults to his brethren, not making a distinction between an absolute heretic/apostate and someone who just dots their i's a little differently, slanders on David Cloud's position on the King James Bible (I have been reading Cloud for 10 years now, and he has never once corrected the KJV or called it into question - in fact, his research and studies reinforce it over and over again), and over time I have come across various articles that were fanciful additions to Scripture, as well as teaching the KJV is reinspired, corrects the underlying mansucripts (rather than being an accurate reflection of them), being a hyperdispensationalist. I have decided to not read his material any more - there are many other sound defenders of the KJV who don't wing it or get in the flesh in their defense of the KJV.
Old 03-08-2008, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by broswmiller View Post
This article makes the point that

Quote:
"And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so. And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that [it was] good."
(Gen 1:24-25 KJV)

the phrase "after his/their kind" may indicate He's creating the same kind of animals that exsisted before. I think it's just indicating that God made all the different kinds of life that reproduce after their own kind. In other words God didn't just create an ameoba that evolved into all different lifeforms, but he created each species of life.