KJV Dictionary Definition: skin
1. The natural covering of animal bodies, consisting of the cuticle or scarf-skin, the rete mucosum, and the cutis or hide. The cuticle is very thin and insensible; the cutis is thicker and very sensible.
2. A hide; a pelt; the skin of an animal separated from the body, whether green, dry or tanned.
3. The body; the person; in ludicrous language
4. The bark or husk of a plant; the exterior coat of fruits and plants.
1. To strip off the skin or hide; to flay; to peel.
2. To cover with skin.
3. to cover superficially.
SKIN, v.i. To be covered with skin; as a wound skins over.
1. Stripped of the skin; flayed
2. Covered with skin.