KJV Dictionary Definition: shoulder
1. The joint by which the arm of a human being or the fore leg of a quadruped is connected with the body; or in man, the projection formed by the bones called scapula or shoulder blades, which extend from the basis of the neck in a horizontal direction.
2. The upper joint of the fore leg of an animal cut for th emarket; as a shoulder of mutton.
3. Shoulders, in the plural, the upper part of the back.
Adown her shoulders fell her length of hair. Dryden.
4. Figuratively, support; sustaining power; or that which elevates and sustains.
For on thy shoulders do I build my seat. Shak.
5. Among artificers, something like the human shoulder; a horizontal or rectangular projection from the body of a thing.
1. To push or thrust with the shoulder; to push with violence.
Around her numberless the rabble flow'd,