KJV Dictionary Definition: bald
BALD, a. bauld.
1. Destitute of hair, especially on the top and back of the head.
2. Destitute of the natural covering; as a bald oak.
3. Without feathers on the head; as a bald vulture.
4. Destitute of trees on the top; as a bald mountain.
5. Unadorned; inelegant; as a bald translation.
6. Mean; naked; base; without dignity or value.
7. In popular language, open, bold, audacious.
8. Without beard or awn; as bald wheat.
BALD'NESS, n. Want of hair on the top and back of the head; loss of hair; meanness or inelegance of writing; want of ornament.