Can a translation of God’s word be perfect?
Man’s wisdom says a perfect translation from one language to another is impossible. The Bible shows us something completely different. Will you trust God or men?
- Ge 42:18-20; cf Ge 42:23
- Joseph spoke in Egyptian; his words were recorded in Scripture in Hebrew
- Ezra 4:7
- A Syrian letter
- The “copy” follows Ezra 4:11 in Hebrew.
- Ps 110:1; cf Lu 20:42-43
- A Greek translation of a Hebrew Psalm.
- Mark 5:41
- Aramaic translated into Greek.
- Acts 22
- Paul spoke to them in Hebrew (Ac 22:2); Luke recorded it in Greek.
- Acts 26:14
- Paul recites to Agrippa what Jesus said to him in Hebrew, and it is recorded in Greek.
- Matthew 27:46; Mark 15:34
- From Hebrew OT text (Ps 22:1)
- To Aramaic (in two spellings of the same word; Eli = Eloi)
- Transliterated from Aramaic into Greek.
- Translated right inside the verses from Aramaic into Greek.
2Ti 3:16; Ps 118:8