Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Old 04-04-2008, 12:05 PM
jerry

Beth, here is an exposition of 1 Corinthians 14, with some modern applications.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 04-04-2008, 12:18 PM
Beth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry View Post
Beth, here is an exposition of 1 Corinthians 14, with some modern applications.
Thanks Jerry. That makes a lot of sense!

I still would be curious how a Pentecostal would would write an exposition on 1 Cor 14 in it's entirety instead of focusing on the typical isolated verses used.

I don't see this as ever happening since we can't even ask the question?

What a huge disappointment, I thought we would be able to debate this rationally.

I do hope that Revangelist and Mikie will come back to talk about the KJB. I'm sure they could add a lot to the discussion.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:25 PM
Beth

Weird coincidence:

savedkiwi, 1 post join date 4-1

willie, join date 4-4

Connie?? to be expected based on earlier discussions.

I'm sure these are all just coincidences?? If they are just coincidences please stop attacking the person and attack the arguments made on this thread. Be specific!!!!!
Old 04-04-2008, 04:29 PM
Willie

Default Original Purpose of Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revangelist View Post
I've tried to have discussions on other threads and the minute it is discovered I'm a Pentecostal, I feel like a Gazelle in the midst of hungry coyotes. I don't think I'm alone here. My hopes are, on this thread, to have a Pentecostal-friendly place to discuss the issue of the King James Bible.

If the fact we are Pentecostal, Born again Christians bothers you, don't forget there are many other threads in this forum.
I agree...Let's get back on topic. Something was brought up in this thread that intrigued me....A scandal and Thomas Nelson Publishing. I would like to hear more about that.
Old 04-04-2008, 05:45 PM
Connie

I believe Pastor Mikie has been promising to come back to post his commentary on 1 Corinthians 14 when he has time to get it written. That's how I read what he said anyway. Give him time.
Old 04-04-2008, 11:17 PM
Beth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connie View Post
I believe Pastor Mikie has been promising to come back to post his commentary on 1 Corinthians 14 when he has time to get it written. That's how I read what he said anyway. Give him time.
I got the idea that he would be writing his thesis on 1 Cor 12-14, (even though I just wanted to know how he interpreted 1 Cor 14:20-22), but that he would not be posting it on this forum, as he would not be posting on this forum anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Mikie View Post
Concomitant? Yikes! I really did a typo. I meant incompetent. I've decided to go ahead and complete my thesis. But, as of right now, I won't be posting on this forum any longer. I'm kind of out of place here. I admire your convictions about the Biblical Standard and testing all things by Scriputure. I have the same convictions. What I don't care for is the obnoxiousness that has come from so many. If I wasn't a Christian, this forum would have turned me off from becoming one, because some Christians get so brutal in their defense. We have a ministry of reconciliation, not search and destroy. Defending the Word is one thing, But doing it self-righteously is quite another. Maybe I'm missing the point of a forum, so, I've noticed revangelist isn't posting anymore, I won't either.
Old 04-04-2008, 11:43 PM

Default Thread: For Pentecostals Only (hopefully)

[QUOTE=Revangelist;2095]evstevemd, I'm referring to the fact that in several threads where I expressed the gifts of the Holy Spirit are for today and I don't take the extreme view of eternal security and all the "Baptists (not sure if they were all Baptists, just held the Baptist view on those issues)" thought it necessary to "fix my error" and the discussion got "far away" from the thread-topic. I really don't want that to happen in this thread. I was hoping to have a discussion about the authorized 1611 Bible.

Like, I had heard that there was some kind of scandal or something about the NKJV and Thomas Nelson and I can't seem to get any information about such a thing. I was hoping someone here could tell me one way or another.[/QUOTE]

Hi Revangelist,

I notice the thread got way off the subject. I know nothing about thisscandle about the NKJV and Thomas Nelson. but the issue seems to have gotten lost in the shuffle. Is there anyone out there that can shed more light on this matter for Revanjelist. or are you content to just let this matter slide?
Old 04-05-2008, 01:12 AM
Connie

Quote:
I got the idea that he would be writing his thesis on 1 Cor 12-14, (even though I just wanted to know how he interpreted 1 Cor 14:20-22), but that he would not be posting it on this forum, as he would not be posting on this forum anymore.
Maybe I misunderstood. Maybe I can track down the post eventually. I thought he said he wouldn't be back EXCEPT to post that commentary he plans to write. Yes, I think you're right, he was going to write on all three chapters.
Old 04-05-2008, 11:34 AM
Beth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connie View Post
Maybe I misunderstood. Maybe I can track down the post eventually. I thought he said he wouldn't be back EXCEPT to post that commentary he plans to write. Yes, I think you're right, he was going to write on all three chapters.
He did first say he would post it here and then later changed his mind. I think?
Old 04-06-2008, 07:12 AM
DarlovesJesus

You two sound like scorned women. Let it go!