General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 06-25-2009, 11:51 AM

Lightbulb Has anyone read these 2 books?

Don't know whether any of you have tried these books but they are well worth checking out for a point of discussion.

They are online KJB only defence books but not what I have come across through the usual channels.
I have already posted the links to Beth (I think).

Downloadable in a PDF format at www.antichristconspiracy.com

The other is "Spiritual deception in the highest"
This is also a free online book tha can be downloaded from;
www.concernedmembers.com

God bless

PaulB
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 06-25-2009, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulB View Post
Don't know whether any of you have tried these books but they are well worth checking out for a point of discussion.

They are online KJB only defence books but not what I have come across through the usual channels.
I have already posted the links to Beth (I think).

Downloadable in a PDF format at www.antichristconspiracy.com

The other is "Spiritual deception in the highest"
This is also a free online book tha can be downloaded from;
www.concernedmembers.com

God bless

PaulB
Brother, without Scriptural discernment both sites are spiritual poison. The first site is petrified Calvinist, the "anti-gospel" is any preaching against the heresy of Calvinism by "apostate churches", the second is Church Of Christ The Campbellite COC do not have a concept of a literal Anti-Christ and like their mother, The Catholic Church, allegorize Revelation into the past and do not take it literally. I was rasied in COC, they are a cult such as the JWs and Mormons.

Grace and peace

Tony

Last edited by tonybones2112; 06-25-2009 at 07:09 PM. Reason: typo
Old 06-26-2009, 10:00 AM

Default Tonybones

Thanks for you reply it is very helpful.

Living in the UK gives me a slight disadvantage at times because movements such as the church of Christ aren’t something that I have ever encountered – that’s why I appreciate the input of you guys from the USA! Although I don’t know much about the two movements that were on those links, I placed them on this forum because of what they had to say about the KJB. That doesn’t mean to say that I agree with the rest of their teachings, I simply thought that their coverage of the Bible is an interesting topic for discussion on a forum such as this one.

I don’t buy what the Seventh day Adventists are all about, but some of them do a pretty good job at defending the authorised Bible.
So don’t worry I’m not some kind of cult member trying to draw you all away, I belong to a Baptist church, I believe that the KJB is the inspired & preserved word of God and that Jesus Christ the only begotten Son of God who alone can save souls!

However, I will take care in what I post in the future!

God bless

PaulB
Old 06-26-2009, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Thanks for you reply it is very helpful.

Living in the UK gives me a slight disadvantage at times because movements such as the church of Christ aren’t something that I have ever encountered – that’s why I appreciate the input of you guys from the USA! Although I don’t know much about the two movements that were on those links, I placed them on this forum because of what they had to say about the KJB. That doesn’t mean to say that I agree with the rest of their teachings, I simply thought that their coverage of the Bible is an interesting topic for discussion on a forum such as this one.

I don’t buy what the Seventh day Adventists are all about, but some of them do a pretty good job at defending the authorised Bible.
So don’t worry I’m not some kind of cult member trying to draw you all away, I belong to a Baptist church, I believe that the KJB is the inspired & preserved word of God and that Jesus Christ the only begotten Son of God who alone can save souls!

However, I will take care in what I post in the future!

God bless

PaulB
Paul, I didn't in any way put any ambiguous reference that you were a cultist, we are all new to each other and it takes time to get to know each other brother. I just speak sort of plain and cut and dried, I guess some of the others here will tell you I might take some getting used to, lol. Brother, I am what many Baptists call a "hyper" dispensationalist and a "dry cleaner", I don;t preach or accept water baptism as operative today. Other than that I'm a standard Christian Bible fundamentalist.

Yes, like Mormonism the Church of Christ is sort of an American anomaly, they don;t sponsor many missionaries, like Catholicism, they really do next to NO personal evangelism or missionary work, so we're stuck with them here Across The Great Pond. Mormons of course put great emphasis on missionary works.

I found absolutely nothing wrong with the links or the books, as I said, if a person has discernment, no problem. The COC, like the SDA, are deceptive in the sense they won't tell you right off they are COC.

Thanks again for the links, welcome to the forum again, and enjoy!

Grace and peace

Tony

Last edited by tonybones2112; 06-26-2009 at 02:33 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-26-2009, 04:06 PM

Thanks Tony - I appreciate your comments (I wouldn't go as far as identifying myself as a baptist, I simply attend a baptist church because that's as good as I can find in this area) I came from a pentecostal background, but since Rick Warren's purpose driven phenomena has taken over I jumped ship! I am a firm believer in "the Word" governing church life - I couldn't go along with the "a new way of doing church" thing. I suppose I like those good old fashioned paths!

God bless

PaulB
Old 06-27-2009, 05:54 AM

Default Discussion point? see for yourself...

Hi PaulB,

I just downloaded the ebooks from the site you posted, the first one I read was full of nonsense about a "Zionist conspiracy" and was anti-semitic, it repeats the same rubbish to be found on any Jew hating Islamic or white supremacy site.

It also had a range of 9-11 conspiracy theories that are straight out of science fiction - micro nukes, directed energy weapons, CGI planes.... what next, Elvis and the UFO connection?

I won't even bother looking at the other book, I don't want to lose my appetite for lunch.

Check them out for yourself, if anyone is a Jew hating, conspiracy theorist Aryan race member, you will probably love them, as for anyone else, don't bother.

There are plenty of other books and sites defending the KJV, I can happily do without this one.

Sorry to be so blunt but this book is shocking.
Old 06-28-2009, 06:29 AM

Fair enough! I didn't write the book, neither am I defending it - it is just a book that I came across that may provoke thought and discussion. I must point out that I am not anti-semitic or someone who believes every conspiracy out there, (not that I am being accused of that). But this is a forum where ideas are tried and tested and views are proclaimed!

I only posted them because of their coverage of the KJB issue and nothing else!

God bless
PaulB
Old 06-30-2009, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Thanks Tony - I appreciate your comments (I wouldn't go as far as identifying myself as a baptist, I simply attend a baptist church because that's as good as I can find in this area) I came from a pentecostal background, but since Rick Warren's purpose driven phenomena has taken over I jumped ship! I am a firm believer in "the Word" governing church life - I couldn't go along with the "a new way of doing church" thing. I suppose I like those good old fashioned paths!

God bless

PaulB

I am SO glad to see you don't like Warren's porpoise-drivel church ways, either.
I think Rick Warren has done more damage to the churches, and to the lost who attend church, than even the Catholic church has.
And, so quickly, too!
What about Rick Warren's teachings are most irritating, to you?
(I can't stand the idiotic hymns, they sing)
Old 06-30-2009, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVUser View Post
Check them out for yourself, if anyone is a Jew hating, conspiracy theorist Aryan race member, you will probably love them, as for anyone else, don't bother.
It's also a good way for a more grounded Christian, to see how bizarrely the enemy can get people to think.

AV, what do you think about the Bilderbergers, the idea of an elite few controlling all the money, wars, outbreaks of diseases, etc.?
Do you believe that the Masons are part of a vast conspiracy?
Old 06-30-2009, 03:33 PM

Default To Biblereader

Hi Biblereader!

Thanks for your comments and it’s nice to hear from you!

I was attending a Pentecostal church not too many miles away from where I live for about four years and they suddenly decided to redesign their services the Rick Warren way, giving out the usual proclamations (i.e. “a new way of doing church”).

I didn’t know much about him then, but made it my business to find out, especially after hearing the quotes that the pastor was making that were Rick’s.

The entire ethos of the church took on a whole new meaning with every sermon coming from that ridiculous paraphrase known as the message. I came away from the services feeling ill, troubled and very very suspicious!

It wasn’t long before I took a four-page document to the overseers critiquing the whole movement as questionable to say the least, but after that I was labelled as “puritan” and behind the times.

I listened to Dave Hunt, David Wilkerson, Jacb Pracsh and many others on the issue before I was finally rebuked for standing on Scripture and realised that I had no place within that body of believers.
There is a link on You tube suggesting that Rick Warren is part of the Council on Foreign Relations, which wouldn’t surprise me at all.

There is a site that seems to be quite in touch on this issue it is: www.crossroads.to

I think what frustrates me the most about Rick Warren is that he has the audacity to redesign church on the basis of the votes of the ungodly which then makes an assembly of unbelievers the majority. To me he is a 21st century Constantine!

I think that Rick as well as Brian McClarran (if I remember right) who is behind the emergent church are plants who have learned all the evangelical lingo with the aim of leading us into the one world religion of the antichrist.

Hope that this has answered you question.

God bless

PaulB