General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 04-21-2009, 07:26 PM

to that Sister, testimony like this is encouraging to me and I am sure many more on this forum, that those who use modern counterfeits see the errors for themselves, and are then led by Gods Spirit to the truth, find it then accept it and never question if God has preserved his word again, for its in their hands. I am certain that your Bible study and devotion is a lot richer than it has ever been and is bringing forth much fruit in your life, for you are reading the pure word of God perfectly preserved.
Your testimony is evidence enough for me that prayers on the matter are answered, now lets keep praying for those who haven't seen the truth, and even moreso for those that have and rebel against it and Us for believing it.

God Bless

Ephesians 5:6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.
Ephesians 5:8 For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:
Ephesians 5:9 (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 04-21-2009, 07:30 PM

That is a fantastic testimony Jacqui, welcome to the AV1611 REAL BIBLE forums!
Old 04-21-2009, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui2411 View Post
Hi everyone,

I am new to the forums and new to the KJV debate.

I grew up reading the KJV but was seduced by the so-called easier versions. This resulted in a dangerous loss of faith and far less security in my relationship with God. I never understood this until just a few days ago.

Praise God, He doesn't leave us even when we fail. He was constantly at work drawing me back to His word. Even in the short time since I have returned to the KJV I have noticed the difference in my walk with God. My faith is being strengthened and my mind is being renewed, something that has been lacking for a long time.

God bless you,

Jacqui
I agree with you Jacqui. When I tried other translations it just didn't have the power the KJV has. Translaters keep coming up with the "latest and most accurate english translation" if they are, why do they feel a need for more and moretranslations? or to revise the ones already released? My KJV uplifts me, gives me strength, and renews my hope. All praise to God.
Old 04-22-2009, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui2411
However the crunch came when my husband came to me almost in tears as he was pondering the changes that we had seen, his words to me, changed my heart. "If I were these men, I would be afraid to change even one word of the Scripture without an assurance that it was God's will."
Amen! Thank you for sharing this wonderful testimony! I was deeply moved when I read the part about your husband.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui2411
Finally, the most important thing. Once the change came in my decision, the change came in my heart. The love of God's Word, which for years had been diminishing, returned with a vibrant call. My husband and I are amazed at the many things that we have seen and the greater understanding, since reading only KJV. I have found much more information to confirm our decision, you guys would know that. The info is out there, you just have to look. But in the end, you have to believe what kind of God you serve. One who is unable to preserve His Word or not?

If not, then He is not the God of the Bible. He is not who He says He is and should not be served. Praise God that we do serve the Living God that has saved us through His Son and continues to cleanse us through His Word.
Amen! Praise the LORD God and His Son Jesus Christ!
Old 04-22-2009, 08:34 AM
Bro. Parrish

Without a doubt, that is one of the most moving testimonies I have heard in a long time. Welcome to the forum and God bless...
Old 04-22-2009, 08:48 AM

Brothers and Sisters, this testimony should be a wake-up call to all of us who strive, defending the KJB. Without the prompting of the Holy Spirit, no amount of convincing will be effective. It is not that we do not speak out, but that we seek the power of the Holy Spirit in the words that we say and write.
Old 04-22-2009, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim View Post
Brothers and Sisters, this testimony should be a wake-up call to all of us who strive, defending the KJB. Without the prompting of the Holy Spirit, no amount of convincing will be effective. It is not that we do not speak out, but that we seek the power of the Holy Spirit in the words that we say and write.
Tim, I want to see your and my friend Bernie over on FFF try and refute THAT testimony since he likes to sneak over here and steal messages.

Welcome to the forum Sister Grace and peace to you.

Tony

"If you have a working Bible that sits on 5 non-working bibles, you might be a KJV-Only!"
Old 04-22-2009, 02:10 PM

Be nice, Tony. His name is Barry Pendley. He says that his misnaming of you was an innocent mistake, and considering the number of mistakes that he makes, that is likely.
Old 04-22-2009, 02:20 PM
Tandi

Jacqui, your testimony could not have come at a more pertinent time. You are a blessing!

Wonderful words in support of my beloved KJV!

Shalom,

Tandi
Old 04-22-2009, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim View Post
Be nice, Tony. His name is Barry Pendley. He says that his misnaming of you was an innocent mistake, and considering the number of mistakes that he makes, that is likely.
I know Tim, my tongue is in my cheek a lot, they should not get too upset at me. I'm going to settle in with the Scripture and strip some paint over there soon. Barry is looking for a fight, one thing I have noticed: They can dish out the condescending sarcasm, the arrogance and the ridicule, they sure can't take it.

Grace and peace brother

Tommy