Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 06-08-2009, 10:45 PM

Some Book's that helped my friends and I as young Christians where called "Purified Seven Times" By Bill Bradley and the Answer Book by Sam Gipp. Purified Seven Times explains the fulfilment of Psalms 12:6-7 in the translation of the AV. It's only 5 bucks and some change. If you have more money and want to go deep, Peter Ruckmans "Biblical Scholarship" book is awesome.

In Christ, Bro. Thane
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 06-09-2009, 06:10 AM

Craig - great links! Thank you for posting these.

Sis Jassy, thank you for your recommendations. I'll look for Gipp's book and look forward to what you find out from Dr. Aordkian!
Old 06-09-2009, 06:33 AM

is that Craig-list of links Craiglist get it. hee hee just trying to be funny
Old 06-12-2009, 07:54 AM

Sis. Jassy - I wanted to thank you for highly recommending Samuel Gipp's "Understandable history of the Bible". I am about 140 pages into it and it is indeed FABULOUS! God bless sis!

I also have more defense books on order thanks to many recommendations here. (and off topic, also Ruckman's book on Dispensations).

God bless all!
Old 06-12-2009, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondservant40 View Post
Sis. Jassy - I wanted to thank you for highly recommending Samuel Gipp's "Understandable history of the Bible". I am about 140 pages into it and it is indeed FABULOUS! God bless sis!

I also have more defense books on order thanks to many recommendations here. (and off topic, also Ruckman's book on Dispensations).

God bless all!
Sis Beth, I'm very happy that you are finding the book of value. I am currently re-reading it and am about halfway through. I find it very useful to show people the history to support the KJVO truth. Once people realize the true history, and how it came about, it ought to be easy to convince them of the inerrancy of the KJV Bible.

Let us know about the other books that you read and what you think of them. I'd like to know, since I plan to add to my personal library of books.

Blessings to you!
Jassy
Old 06-13-2009, 04:23 PM

I'l be glad to let you know about the other books as they arrive and I read them
Jassy, one thing that was very alarming to me in this book was how they are re-catagorizing the manuscript evidence so it will appear that there are very few manuscripts that back the KJB.

That is not only dishonest - but flat out HATE for the truth. It is angering and also very, very sad.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondservant40 View Post
I'l be glad to let you know about the other books as they arrive and I read them
Jassy, one thing that was very alarming to me in this book was how they are re-catagorizing the manuscript evidence so it will appear that there are very few manuscripts that back the KJB.

That is not only dishonest - but flat out HATE for the truth. It is angering and also very, very sad.
Sis Beth,

That truly alarmed and disturbed me as well. The so-called "experts" sure had to resort to some very deceptive and tricky maneuvering in order to try to discredit the King James Bible!

The other thing that shocked me was the use of subterfuge in "implanting" Jesuits throughout society, in an effort to try to gradually change KJB believers into doubting that they had the ONLY TRUE BIBLE in the English language. We now see that throughout the "religious" and Bible colleges which use other Bible versions in their teaching. However, we have God's promise of His Word - and we, who know to TRUST IN HIM, know that that is the King James Bible. I am so happy to be blessed with that knowledge!

Thank you for starting this thread, sis - I have noted others' responses as well, and know what books I would like to add to my personal library now!

Happy studying, sis! I'm sure the Lord will bless your studies.

Jassy
Old 06-15-2009, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassy View Post
Sis Beth,

<snip>
The other thing that shocked me was the use of subterfuge in "implanting" Jesuits throughout society, in an effort to try to gradually change KJB believers into doubting that they had the ONLY TRUE BIBLE in the English language. <snip>

Jassy
That was also alarming to me. This is really an excellent reference book to have.
God bless you too sis!
Old 06-18-2009, 09:53 AM

Default Not strictly KJVO - but good

While not necessarily KJVO, I have found the writing of the late Theodore Letis to be valuable (The Ecclesiastical Text is a good one), as well as Unholy Hands on the Bible Vol II by J.P. Green Sr.

Mr. Green had a third volume written (but not printed), but the Lord took him home in 2008 and I don't think his son is doing a very good job with the ministry, Sovereign Grace Publishers (SGPBooks.com). They have been asking for money for a long time and not returning many results.

J.P. Green Sr. produced his own translations from the majority texts (not sure if purely TR or not) through the years: the Literal Version, the Modern King James version, and most recently (finally published) the KJV3 version. So, clearly he was not KJVO, but he did write a lot against most modern versions.

Doug A.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:41 AM

Default Favourite books

I have read a number of goods books on the KJB subject that have already been mentioned above. Two of the books that I found quite astounding were;
"Antichrist conspiracy inside the devil's liar"
This is also downloadable in a PDF format at www.antichristconspiracy.com

The other is "Spiritual deception in the highest"
This is also a free online book tha can be downloaded from;
www.concernedmembers.com

Hope you enjoy them - they say alot about the heart of what we are about.

God bless

PalB