Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 12-28-2008, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debau View Post
Why Do Fundamental Schools Go Apostate?

This could also go under the thread Recommended Reading.
This book by Don Jasmin chronicles the apostasy of the Northfield-Mt. Hermon Schools founded by D.L. Moody.

http://www.fundamentalbaptistministr...hives/Book.htm

This focuses on Moody's school, but is a great example of where all institutions of men eventually go.

Dr. Jasmin's bi monthly Fundamental Digest usually chronicles many schools and the mire of apostasy they have become. Always an excellent read.

Aloha brother,

Thanks for the link - The book looks real good. I hope to get a copy.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 12-28-2008, 04:44 PM

You might try contacting Antioch Baptist Church in Knoxville for some guidance. This is the church of the late David Reagan and they are KJV only. They offer a correspondence course.

http://www.learnthebible.org/baptist..._knoxville.htm
Old 12-28-2008, 07:40 PM

Default Bible Study

Thank you for the info. How does the Antioch Baptist Church differ from my Independent, Fundamental Baptist Church? If any.
Old 12-28-2008, 08:14 PM

Thank you Bro George. I totally agree. I guess I worded things wrong. I wasn't looking for a degree from men, so I guess I shouldn't have said Bible College. I mean more of a Bible Study. I stand on 1John 2:27 concerning that matter. I have the greatest teacher of all, but I really wanna understand more about "Why the KJV?", history, beliefs of other denominations, etc. I suppose your right, I probably am just wanting to know EVERYTHING and NOW, and need to "wait on my ministry". My pappaw did tell me one time that we are on a "need to know basis with the Lord." He will show me what I need to know when I need to know it. I suppose I'm just trying to rush him, lol. Thank you again for the info and pray for me. I just need to stay in his word and keep faith that he'll give me the wisdom I need (James 1:5). God bless you Brother!

"Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee."
Old 12-28-2008, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
Aloha brother,

Thanks for the link - The book looks real good. I hope to get a copy.

http://www.fundamentalbaptistministr...hives/Book.htm
Howdy George,

I think you'll enjoy it . Jasmin delineates the 3 stages of the rapid free fall from Militant, to Moderate, to Apostate, and the methods of compromise employed that spelled disaster.

It mirrors the apostasy in the OT in the wilderness, to the Judges, to Solomon, to the NT churches of Paul's time with Demas and co. We always have a biblical picture to learn from(which most often we don't).

Judges 2:7 (Stage 1) And the people served the LORD all the days of Joshua, (Stage 2)and all the days of the elders that outlived Joshua ,who had seen all the great works of the LORD, that he did for Israel.

8 And Joshua the son of Nun, the servant of the LORD, died, being an hundred and ten years old.

9 And they buried him in the border of his inheritance in Timnathheres, in the mount of Ephraim, on the north side of the hill Gaash.

10 And also all that generation were gathered unto their fathers: (Stage 3)and there arose another generation after them, which knew not the LORD, nor yet the works which he had done for Israel.

And the Bible tells us how fast that fall can be:

1 Timothy 1:6 From which some having swerved have turned aside unto vain jangling;

2 Timothy 1:15 This thou knowest, that all they which are in Asia be turned away from me; of whom are Phygellus and Hermogenes.

Jasmin sums up George's statement that once these institutions fall, they NEVER come back!

Moody had great fundamentalist influence, but was naive in his association with liberals. There were men such as Torrey, Meyer, and Morgan teaching and preaching on his campus, and one generation later there were those such as Fosdick.

This book is a great lesson of the results of compromise, not only for schools(in which Jasmin names names) and churches, but each one of us individually. It satisfied my anachronistic senses, and was a good admoniton against compromise.

Jeremiah 6:16 Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb6445 View Post
I live in E TN. I was wondering if anyone could direct me to a good Bible college around me. One that taught the truth. Not some liberal, NIV school.
Thanks,
Clint Boyer

Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.
Hello Clint. Have a look at this website link.

http://www.lhbi.net/slash/

It is for Liberty Home Bible Institute. I got the course many moons ago when the lessons were on cassette tapes---( Hint-The Peanut Farmer was in the White House- ) now they are on CD's. You will get several study books that will help you... { I used to listen to the cassettes while driving--over and over}... including Wilmington's Guide to the Bible. The lessons/assignments/tests are = to about a 2 year College Degree Program. The good thing is that you can do it at home--- instead of relocating the family around and working midnite shift at the "7-11".

If/when you complete the program you can actually attend graduation ceremonies at Liberty Univ. in Virginia. If memory serves you can transfer the credits to Liberty U. in the future if you do wish to get a Bachelors Degree later on. BUT--- Like someone else said: The Children and Wife are your main responsibility!

IIRC they have a payment plan or they have a lump sum deal... Hope this helps you.

BTW--- Low cost alternative: Visit a Christian/Bible Bookstore and look at "The Open Bible" (KJV) published by Thomas Nelson. It is a great source for study. It has a massive Index up front. Book Introductions for each Bible book/History of the 12 Apostles/Maps/Concordance-(not complete)/History of the English Bible/Monies-Weights-Measures/Archaeological Notes/Prophecies of The Messiah fulfilled in Jesus Christ/Parables/Harmony of the Gospels/ plus many other things--- but what will be very helpful to you is the "Christian Life Study Outlines". Very helpful. They state a Point: #1- Bible is the Word of God. Then they have a paragraph or two explaining the point,,,then they send you to various places in the New Testament to read a verse, then a note, then to the next verse. They have about 15 Outlines. Get yourself a spiral notebook and some pens and pencils. Read --Study--Take Notes!

Last edited by PB1789; 12-29-2008 at 12:30 AM.
Old 12-29-2008, 09:03 AM

Check out Bethany Baptist college and seminary online. Bible based classes with a tuition free degree. Look it up at www.bethanybaptistcollege.org.
Old 12-29-2008, 09:58 AM

West Tennessee Bible Institute

http://www.undergrace.net/WTBI%20Page.htm
Old 12-29-2008, 10:34 AM

Is anyone aware of the Open Bible College International?
www.right-division.com

The local Bible school I went to adopted this name when some of our teachers took correspondence courses (that was offered free) from this school. We learned right division from this school.
Old 12-29-2008, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
All you need is your King James Bible; a good electronic Concordance (Swordsearcher is excellent!); a list of books and authors that are the "best" in their particular field (instead of 5-10 copy-cats) - I can suggest some
Hello George,
I have my King James Bible and Swordsearcher, would you be willing to share your list of books and authors please?

Thanks,
Harley