Current Events Current events, including politics and culture.

Old 02-02-2008, 11:14 PM
Pilgrim

Wow Craig...

I have just perused all the posts you have made so far on the Forum...

Sounds like you are a person that likes to "tell it like it is".

Not many like you around nowadays in Christianity...Last time I read your style of approach was in the Gospels when Jesus told it like it was.

No tickling of our ears from you...quite refeshing actually.

Looking forward to more of your posts to keep me stimulated to study God's word!!

Pilgrim
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 02-05-2008, 12:00 AM
Lively Stone

Bro. John:

Please take time to read my post on The God of this World, under doctrine. We agree on so many issues.

Thanks Bro. Danny
Old 02-05-2008, 12:53 AM
Graceismine

John 1717
Quote:
He STILL tests saints, WHOM will they believe?

ARE THEY TRULY SAINTS OF THE MOST HIGH GOD?

A test, a test that 'Christians' to THIS DAY, can NOT pass.
I have to take exception to this statement.

According to James God does not test saints.

God's word says He tempts (tests) no one James 1:13-14 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man: But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

In this day, God looks upon our hearts, He knows who are truly His. John 10:27 He does not have to test those in whom He gave the earnest of the Holy Spirit, He already knows.

Are we (who are saved) truly saints of the most High God? Well I know for certain that we are the righteousness of God

>>>>>>>>>>2 Corinthians 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him. That's pretty close to sainthood.

In fact we're called "Saints" in several places. >>>>>>>>>2 Thessalonians 1:10 When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day...................Grace
Old 02-05-2008, 01:34 AM
jerry

Actually, Grace the Bible does teach God tests/tempts/tries His people - however, the verse in James says, He does not tempt anyone with evil. He tries and proves us - puts us to the test to see how we will do (for our benefit, not for His), to teach us, to bring to pass His will in our lives; whereas Satan tries/tempts believers with evil to make them fall into sin, turn from the Lord, stumble in their faith, etc.

James 1:13-14 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man: But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

Hebrews 11:17 By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son,

By comparing this passage with Genesis 22, it is obvious God was the one testing/tempting Abraham - to show Abraham (and those who would later come to learn of these events) what was in his heart. The words "tempt(ed)" and "tried" are the exact same words in Greek.
Old 02-06-2008, 01:20 AM
Graceismine

Jerry, would you please provide me with examples of God tempting (trying) Christians.

Thanks, Grace
Old 02-06-2008, 11:54 AM
jerry

Sure can:

Job 23:8-10 Behold, I go forward, but he is not there; and backward, but I cannot perceive him: On the left hand, where he doth work, but I cannot behold him: he hideth himself on the right hand, that I cannot see him: But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold.

Psalms 66:10 For thou, O God, hast proved us: thou hast tried us, as silver is tried. (Proved here means "to test.")

Genesis 22:1 And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham, and said unto him, Abraham: and he said, Behold, here I am.

Hebrews 11:17 By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son,

Revelation 3:10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth. (This is God testing/tempting the whole world during the Tribulation, to see whether they will follow Christ or the Antichrist.)

I am sure there are more verses, but this are the ones that I could find quickly. Based on their contexts, I know they are referring to God testing or tempting us (but not with evil, as James states). There are many other verses about God trying or proving us - which carries some of the same idea, but it also includes the idea of seeing what is already in us (so you could argue whether those are referring to God putting us through a test, or merely examining us thoroughly).
Old 02-07-2008, 07:11 PM
Graceismine

With respect for your effort, I asked for Christians, not Israelites and the world.

Grace, ......
Old 02-07-2008, 08:02 PM
jerry

Job was neither. The Bible teaches that God tests believers - it doesn't matter whether they are OT believers or NT believers. That is true of both.
Old 02-08-2008, 02:50 AM
Graceismine

Jerry,
You speak as if you know. A mere woman could not argue with that.

Grace
Old 02-08-2008, 04:42 PM

You sound to have some hostility towards the founders of our country. The trtail of blood of those who stood for their belief in Gods Word can be traced all the way back to beforethe Nation of Isreal. When God put this nation together it was without a king. God was the king and man decided that they wanted a man king. How many times did God use this nation for battle. This was part of their preperation for Canaan. Bible believers were persecuted throughout all of Europe. Men like Christopher Columbus believed in the freedom of religion as well as we find they believed in Gods Word. The mayFlower was full of Bible believers looking to find a place to worship God freely. Upon arrival they believed as well that this land did not belong to them and the occupiers were entitled to the value of the land desired. We know that as Europe learned of what they felt was free land they were entitled their share. Along with Europe came the "Church" and again began banashing any religion they seemed could oppose their tryanny. There were many who felt this land did not belong to the countries of Europe and stood against it. Are you implying that the founders of our country sould just have rolled over and took what England said. Your history is wacked. Just like I am sure you feel that we should not take a stand against terrorism. God does work with nations and their military. Hope your on the right side.