Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 10-05-2008, 12:50 PM
lildebs

Default new here.... after using am std for 30 years ugh!

Hi I just found your site God lead...after a freind was sharing the best bible truest was a authorized king james version when we compared what hers said & mine said on a particular scriptue & i was blown away on the diffrent wording..

Now as I start my research is the cambridge version I see mentioned the ahorized version of kj but with garmmar spelling fixed?

Does not sound like somehting I can get ina devotion book as well or at my regular bible book store

I was given my version wghen I came to the Lord 30 years ago I had alot of illness maybe I just did not see this but I honstly di not know anyone in all these years at my churches etc.. that ever talked about thi s till now with my friend & now finding thsi site..Bless You!!

I know you can help me I can tend to overanalyze its not a doubt thing but now that I know Want to see wisdom in which one will be best for me I do like a larger print but I dont want it to be so heavy its hard to use.

thanks for any help you can give I am trying to read what ican on this site but I do not know like I said if this cambride thing is the same as my freinds I do no t think she has anything but it says authorized on it..not sure on the date either.

Thanks for the help

Debby B.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 10-06-2008, 10:03 AM

Hey Debbie Welcome!

There are many on the site who sell KJB bibles, I am sure that they may suggest one that would suit your needs. There are a lot of Great KJB Study Bibles also, but again they will have mens commentaries on them, and man is fallible. I would suggest a pure version with just the Word Of God and a copy of swordsearcher for added study / devotion / etc
Old 10-06-2008, 10:30 AM

You know something, when I reflected on your first post a little something I was discussing in Church yesterday came to mind. I was talking to someone about modern versions, that there are many people out there that are using them, completely ignorant to the astounding textual / doctrinal changes from the KJB and that unless they have the truth expounded to them, then the rest is up to the Holy Ghost. If people would let the LORD show them, through his chosen vessels like this lady's friend.
Debbie I assure you that once you start to read THE BIBLE it will speak to you like never before, you will grow in grace like never before.
Never feel like you are out of you depth here on this forum, and you will be just fine.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:01 AM
BibleBeliever1980

Parker Memorial Baptist Church in Lansing Michigan publishes King James Bibles Only. They are sold for what they cost to make them. They are high quality leather bound bibles. Most use the Oxford text, but they also have one that uses the Cambridge Text (Hand-Size Text Item # 180-001) and specify that you want the Cambridge text. On this forum many post are about which of the two (Oxford or Cambridge) is better. I have both and prefer the Cambridge. Be aware all major Bible Publishers, (Nelson, Collins, Broadman & Holman, Zondervan, AND Cambridge & Oxford) take liberties and change words and puncuation. PLUS they all publish other versions, so buying from them, even KJV Bibles, keeps the presses running for the other per-versions. This Churches Pastor, Dr. Don Green has been there for over 50 years and makes no apology for God's Preserved Word, The Authorized 1611 KJB. Bro. Dennis Deneau is head of this Ministry. Remember, the Scribes (Jews), were in charge of the Scriptures (Romans 3:2). No where in the Bible does God tell the Nation of Israel or The Church to give God's Word to unsaved man and publishing companies and trust them with The Precious Word Of God. This ministry is a Local Church that believes AND publishes God's Word KJB 1611 Bibles. Also out of hundreds of hour studying books & tapes on the KJB only issue I can say after 28 plus years of being "Blood Wased" that God's Word is Preserved without error in a KJB Bible. One book that will set the record straight for someone new to this is "One Book Stands Alone by Dr. Doug Stauffer. I hope I was not to long winded as this issue is very dear & important to me. Thank you for the time.

Web Sites
Site for Bibles- http://lcbplansing.org/
Site for One Book Stands Alone- www.rightlydivided.com/
Old 10-06-2008, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lildebs View Post
Hi I just found your site God lead...after a freind was sharing the best bible truest was a authorized king james version when we compared what hers said & mine said on a particular scriptue & i was blown away on the diffrent wording..

Now as I start my research is the cambridge version I see mentioned the ahorized version of kj but with garmmar spelling fixed?

Does not sound like somehting I can get ina devotion book as well or at my regular bible book store

I was given my version wghen I came to the Lord 30 years ago I had alot of illness maybe I just did not see this but I honstly di not know anyone in all these years at my churches etc.. that ever talked about thi s till now with my friend & now finding thsi site..Bless You!!

I know you can help me I can tend to overanalyze its not a doubt thing but now that I know Want to see wisdom in which one will be best for me I do like a larger print but I dont want it to be so heavy its hard to use.

thanks for any help you can give I am trying to read what ican on this site but I do not know like I said if this cambride thing is the same as my freinds I do no t think she has anything but it says authorized on it..not sure on the date either.

Thanks for the help

Debby B.
Praise the Lord Debbie!

Could you tell us what this "particular scripture" was?

"Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away."